Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Accord 94

Acc94EX
04-25-2002, 04:16 AM
Does anyone know why my 94 Accord driver side window slows down during normal operation? Is it dirt inside the door or is this natural with Honda? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Also does anyone know how to take off the front, rear, and side skirts off of a stock accord 94 ex? Is it hard? I want to paint it to match the color of my car. What do you think?

Acc94EX

95ACCORDEX
04-25-2002, 11:17 AM
i have a problem with my windows goin slow also......still dont know why its like that.....

as for the lip and side skirts...its not hard....
for the front lip....just unscrew a few screws underneath the lip, then just take it off. there are some clips in the front, but isnt hard to take off.
the side skirts is pretty much the same thing. unscrew a few screws underneath, but instead of taking it right out, you have to slide it either towards the front or the back, (couldnt remember which way to slide it.) then it should come off.
and for the back, i couldnt find a way to take it off so i just painted it while it was on my car. just tape newspaper over the rear and it should be fine.

good luck painting!!!

HONDA_99
04-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Acc94EX
Does anyone know why my 94 Accord driver side window slows down during normal operation? Is it dirt inside the door or is this natural with Honda? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Its common problem for 5gen.
Honda used cheap shit material for window trackes and with time it get swollen, and that causes window go up very slowly or even stuck on way up.
to get rid of this problem you have to replace entire track system and its cost $$$.

Add your comment to this topic!