Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

braking vibration

rhb3
07-12-2005, 07:38 AM
I have a 2000 XL 4.2L F-150. It vibrates when decelerating from about 50-40 mph but only with light braking. When you decelerate rapidly, there is no noticeable vibration. Any ideas on this?

shmls
03-25-2006, 10:05 AM
95 150 vibration when braking

transgta
03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Have you turned your rotors sometimes they get hot and warp. My supercrew was bouncing in back at light braking rotors turned super smooth. I did go ahead and change pads while i did it so the pads would be equally smooth. DAVE

eti engineer
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a 2002 F-150 and I have gone through two sets of rotors with this miserable piece of crap. My Chevy S-10 is great. No problems with anything.

I have been told, and I don't know if this is for real, that it has to do with Ford's composite brake pistons. They expand with heat and then hold the pads out against the rotors, which exacerbates the problem -- wears the pads out prematurely and warps the rotors. I have been told to get the aftermarket calipers with metal pistons, and I won't have any problems. Seems like front ends, trannies and brakes are always a problem on Fords. Every Ford I have owned, or was given to drive from the companies I have worked for has had these same issues and more.

I will stick with Chevy, given a choice. A much better truck

later..

eti engineer

reree
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
If u kill my cat ur ass will b in jail

brattzzzzz
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
i changed my front brake rotors when i had this vibration

the vibration went away

alphalanos
04-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Usually quality rotors and pads, along with a proper bed-in procedure will cure this. Most people dont know about the bed-in. When new brakes are used, it is necessary to deposit an equal amount of pad material on the rotor to ensure a smooth surface. I replaced my old brakes with new Brembo parts and they are as smooth as any car ive had.

steve longo
04-10-2006, 07:49 AM
I have a 2002 F-150 and I have gone through two sets of rotors with this miserable piece of crap. My Chevy S-10 is great. No problems with anything.

I have been told, and I don't know if this is for real, that it has to do with Ford's composite brake pistons. They expand with heat and then hold the pads out against the rotors, which exacerbates the problem -- wears the pads out prematurely and warps the rotors. I have been told to get the aftermarket calipers with metal pistons, and I won't have any problems. Seems like front ends, trannies and brakes are always a problem on Fords. Every Ford I have owned, or was given to drive from the companies I have worked for has had these same issues and more.

I will stick with Chevy, given a choice. A much better truck

later..

eti engineerMaybe your just too hard on your truck---ride a bike

Add your comment to this topic!