Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

reverse indiglo gauge faces

dbloduce
04-24-2002, 11:50 PM
My friend just got indiglo gauge faces for his 00 accord v6. we tried to put them in yesterday, but we ran into a problem. with the faces on the needle did not get enough clearence and kept sticking. so if any one can help or ran into this problem themselves, let me know. Thanks.
By the way we used double sided tape, Is there a better way to secure the gauges???

archangelxtc
05-08-2002, 07:27 PM
I had that problem too. I used an exacto and a razor to trim away some of the plastic on the inner ring of the new gauges. See where it's rubbing and cut some of it away. If that doesn't work, try shaving the underside of the circle that connects to the needle a bit to get more clearance. Just be careful. I used an epoxy to secure them. Don't ever use superglue!!:smoker:

Dstnt1
06-01-2002, 07:47 AM
I used superglue and had no problem.

archangelxtc
06-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Well if you ever decide that you want to take the faces off and go back to stock, you won't be able to because the superglue eats away at the stock numbers if they are painted on. You won't be able to remove the glue without damaging the guages.

Dr. Soulreaver
06-05-2002, 07:05 PM
How would you remove something as heavy as apoxy?

archangelxtc
06-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Once it's dry, you peel the aftermarket guages off gently. The remaining epoxy on the guage cluster flakes off easily using your fingernail or a credit card.

98accordv6
07-17-2004, 12:30 PM
All i did was firmly pull out some of the needle, worked for me, just make sure you don't pull it off and make sure the needle is set at 0.

Add your comment to this topic!