Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clear coat over decals Q (Already Searched)

aN4rK1
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok so i searched already but i didnt find a definite answer to my question. Here is my situation, iam going to be working with some Aoshima and SMS decals. I wnat to give it a nice glossy/glassy smooth finish to them. Now after searching, i found that some of you are saying that Tamiya Clear will work fine, but then some say it will eat them. Now others are saying that Mr. Hobby Topcoat by Gunze Sangyo or also known as Mr. Top Coat will work better. Now my question is which clear should i buy for my situation?

JTRACING
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I'd say go with dupli-color, I never have any problems using it over decals.
i clear all my nascar models with it

Vric
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
It will work. I just used the Tamiya clear on my Lambo project without a single problem.

In fact, I never had a problem with clear over decal so far. Just do light coat.

scaleracecars
07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok so i searched already but i didnt find a definite answer to my question. Here is my situation, iam going to be working with some Aoshima and SMS decals. I wnat to give it a nice glossy/glassy smooth finish to them. Now after searching, i found that some of you are saying that Tamiya Clear will work fine, but then some say it will eat them. Now others are saying that Mr. Hobby Topcoat by Gunze Sangyo or also known as Mr. Top Coat will work better. Now my question is which clear should i buy for my situation?

What paint are you using? That is just as important as the decals. :smile:

aN4rK1
07-10-2005, 09:35 PM
JTR - ill keep that in mind, iam not sure where to get duplicolour tho
Vric - ok hmm so tamiya clear, your lambo is aoshima right?
scaleracecars - its tamiya silver leaf paint, i forgot the TS-XX code for it

JTRACING
07-11-2005, 12:08 AM
JTR - ill keep that in mind, iam not sure where to get duplicolour tho
Vric - ok hmm so tamiya clear, your lambo is aoshima right?
scaleracecars - its tamiya silver leaf paint, i forgot the TS-XX code for it

tamiya paint, thats lacquer, so dupli color will work good, you can pick it up at any auto parts store., your in canada?? you can just go to canadain tire.

Add your comment to this topic!