Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blower Not Working

BL-POND
07-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Yesterday my service engine light came on and now my blower dos not work. Is this problem the blower resistor?

blandon7
07-09-2005, 09:35 PM
It depends. Is the blower dead on all fan speeds?

If it works on the highest speed setting and doesn't work on some or all of the lower speeds then it is more then likely the blower motor resistor.

PC

JTrujillo86
07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
If your blower motor is having issues, your Service Engine Soon light wouldn't come on because of that. I would say you have another issue to deal with.

Is it the Service ENGINE Soon light or the Service VEHICLE Soon light. They are two very different things. The Service Vehicle Soon light comes on if there is a "body control issue" such as a daytime running lamp or tail light that is burnt out. The Service Engine Soon light would come on if the engine is putting out too much emissions, which indicates an engine/transmission issue of some kind.

Jeremy

BNaylor
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Yesterday my service engine light came on and now my blower dos not work. Is this problem the blower resistor?

If the blower is not working in any speed you might check the HVAC fuse for the blower motor located in the passenger side fuse block first. Should be the one labeled D, 25 amp fuse.

Add your comment to this topic!