Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Salvage inspection?

SaturnOmegaX
07-09-2005, 03:42 PM
It seems to me that I don't understand why I need to have my Saturn SL2 1995 inspected by NYS DMV salvage department before I can fully registered my car. Seriously imho.. I've never heard of this ABSURD stupid requirment.

I bought my 1995 SL2 Saturn from my friend last year August. The car front nose is damaged and the fender is cracked. So I went to the junkyard to get the replacement for my nose and the fender, which costed me around 300 or less, I am not sure. So when I patched the car up, I went to my local DMV to get my car registered and everything went smooth and I got my plates. Several months later I got a letter from the DMV regarding about my car; DMV told me that the title indicated that the car is labeled as salvage and I am required to get it inspected via DMV NYS Salvage department and pay additonal 110.00 fee. I was like, hell fuck no, DMV made the mistake and it was their mistake, no question about it. I am so sick and tired of DMV pick-pocketing customer's money. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

If this matter still doesn't resolve peacefully, then I will have this situation in my lawyer's hand.

DMV is probably trying to reduce air pollultion, who knows?

SaturnOmegaX
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
No comments? :(

Add your comment to this topic!