Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advice on buyin '93 Rodeo

GRIMRUNNER
07-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm looking at buying a '93 Rodeo, it has 121k miles, V6, really clean. the guy is asking $4,500 obo. I think that's a little high because i've seen ads for other 93's with around the same mileage at dealers for around $3300. I have checked nada.com they have average retail at $3700, kbb.com has it at $4450, and edmunds.com has it at $2200.
I live in utah and I know that the banks and credit unions go buy NADA, but it seems a little higher than what local sellers are asking.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Casey

'90 4runner (currently out of order)
'00 Impreza 2.5RS
future owner of '93 Rodeo

marcre
07-07-2005, 03:18 PM
The mileage is low for a 93, but I think the seller is asking too much. I think you should pay $3000. I don't think it would be worth too much more.

Are there any other people interested in the Rodeo? If not, offer a lot less. He may say no, but give him your number. If he wants to sell, he will call.

Marc

Ramblin Fever
07-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Ask him why he wants the $4K - maybe he's just put a lot of money in maintenance, thus the reason for wanting a little more then blue book.

For example, if he's recently done a timing belt, water pump, tensioner replacement, which at shop prices can range from $800-$1000 including labor just for that alone. And at 120K it IS definitely needed, if not done already.

If a tune-up has recently been done, truck is in inpecable shape with the above mentioned water pump, timing belt and tensioner replacement within the last 40K miles or so, I'd give one $3,500 for it.

Specially if brakes, tires, shocks were in excellent shape.

If the timing belt and such has never been replaced, I'd only offer $3K for it.

Add your comment to this topic!