Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

C6 kit is OUT

99civichic
07-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Stopped by Hobby Lobby yesterday after work and there it was....3 of 'em...Revell has released the C6 Corvette kit. I thought they aimed for a fall release? Who cares. It's out. And....I didn't buy one! What was I thinking?? But then again, the torture of looking at it and not being able to build it...I just couldn't take it. That's my excuse....that, and the saving $5 by finding it at Walmart eventually...Then, I went to Hobby Town USA and walked out with the yellow version of the Tamiya Ferrari F50...I think I got it cheap, what do those usually go for?

g00eY
07-07-2005, 12:19 PM
how much did you get it for?

99civichic
07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Eh, it really wasn't that good a deal. It was between the Enzo and the 360 Spider, so it just looked like a good deal. I paid $25. Doesn't bother me any, I only have 3 Tamiya kits and I got them so cheap (ie: $4 for a sealed GT3) that paying full price every once in a while isn't so bad. (Unless it's the Enzo)

Ferrari TR
07-07-2005, 01:28 PM
The Revell Viper is out as well.
I think I paid about $27 for my red F50 and $40 for the clear one, that was when the kits were first released.

99civichic
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Geez, is nobody really interested in the C6? The F50 is getting much more attention!!

I'm buying one tonight :D

Eric Cole
07-07-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm interested in the C6 Corvette. I have all my parts cleaned up and ready for primer and paint as soon as the weather permits.

99civichic
07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
SWEET. How does the kit look? Pieces fit okay? How's the detail? (I'm assuming you already have it)

CADguy
07-07-2005, 03:56 PM
I've started this kit too, and the pieces fit great so far. I haven't test fit the glass, which was a bit small on the recent Viper kit. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Whumbachumba
07-07-2005, 03:57 PM
You find this at the Lewisville Hobby Lobby or another one? I was just there yesterday and I didn't see it. Then again, I wasn't really looking for anything.

americanmuscleman
07-07-2005, 04:15 PM
i got the c6 too, i havent done anything yet besides cut the hatch and the door, and started hingin the door.. o ya and anyone who builds this kit, sand the back of the grill and cut out the squares... i did and it looks sooooo good

99civichic
07-08-2005, 07:28 AM
You find this at the Lewisville Hobby Lobby or another one? I was just there yesterday and I didn't see it. Then again, I wasn't really looking for anything.

I found them at the one in Denton, it's on the way home from where I work. I haven't found the one in Lewisville yet, where is it? (I did find a Hobby Town and a Michaels though) They were on the bottom shelf!

Whumbachumba
07-08-2005, 11:05 AM
The one in Lewisville is in the shopping center on Main Street and Old Orchard. Right by the Sack n' Save.

99civichic
07-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, so after a week of driving by Hobby Lobby on my way home from work, I just couldn't take it anymore. I stopped and searched the place until I found them, and I bought them all. Both that were left. I've already knocked some of the teeth out (opening the grill, it looks like teeth), if I can find a Wal-mart with primer in stock it'll be primed and ready to be painted this weekend. I just may build one yet this summer.

Man, that's a pretty car.

Add your comment to this topic!