Page updated on 04-23-2018

what glue for subwoofer foam surround?? HELLLP!!!

07-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi, i have a 12" Alpine Type R and the foam surround on the speaker has come off all the way around the speaker. Please help me with what kind of clue to use on it, I was thinking of the epoxy glue or the black silicone glue they use on glueing car windshields back on the car. Can somebody help me on what that glue is called and if i can find it at the local Home Depot or something like that? Any help would be highly appreciated. Sorry guys if i posted this question in the wrong category but i thought TSC might consider this as a composite question so i put it in here too.

07-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Most people use silicon, can be found at any hardware store.

07-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Most people use silicon, can be found at any hardware store.

Is that the clear silicone or the black one?

07-06-2005, 09:14 PM
either, its the same just differnt colors.

07-07-2005, 06:58 AM
I would use contact cement

07-07-2005, 06:24 PM has speaker glue, get that. dont use silicone as it is harmful to foam surounds ( dontk now wht type you have) if you dont want to get that use contact cement.

Add your comment to this topic!