Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problem with speaker adapters for 6 1/2s

tekzilla04
04-23-2002, 02:32 PM
okay well, i followed cliffud's advice froma post a whle back about getting 95-99 chevy cavalier speaker adaptors (metra installerworks 82-3300) well, they dont fit, i have a pair of mb quart 218.03cx woofers, and well they dont fit at all, is there a different size for these, or aret hese the same plates that were mentioned before, i was wondering if anyone else has done this install.. other than that, i guess im going to have to make something out of wood.. maybe the adapters only work with shit speakers.. obviously.. an oversized driver barely makes it through.. but still its not that much bigger than a 6 1/2.. oh well, any advice would be appreciated..

thanks

babir

revolt-minus:confused:

Swonder67
04-23-2002, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure just getting the speaker adapters will do, it should definitely involve some cutting. I would also worry about speaker depth. but just getting it to fit in the whole you should need to cut it bigger.

tekzilla04
05-04-2002, 08:44 AM
its all good, anyone with a working knowledge of wood can save the 13 bucks, i went and returned the adapters for chevy, cause i thought of a better idea, besides why have something for a cavalier in your car, its not custom=)

i built some kickpanels out of fiberglass, that sound 10 times better, they took about , hmm.. id say 8 hrs of work, between all the drying and trying to get the shit off of my hand the 2nd time when i fiberglassed the cloth, i forgot to wear my gloves.. i had to buy a jigsaw too cause i didnt have one.. so it ended up costing alot more than i orginally anticipated.. however, the problem ive come to now is, with bondo, i didnt mix bondo and the fiberglass resin at first, i couldve made them thicker, however they sound good, what i wanted to do was cut out the back and coat them with a spray version of brown bread or dynamat, i dont pay much for either.. so whichever i dont need a compressor for, like in a spray can would be cool.. too much money has went in already, ill take pics and post a link if you wanna see, but i think im just gonna cover them in carpet, cause there isnt a lot of plastic trim down there , so i think it would look odd in vinyl, besides theyre more along the lines of point source coax speakers.. tweeter being seperate but in the middle sorta alongside the woofer, i ll show you.. but yea.. theres step one, i installed the deck with alot of ease, considering the 6 sets of 20ft rcas that allow me to get 16v of output from the radio..=) well a work in project.. suspension is next.. i couldnt stand the busted paper speakers.. but the quarts dont sound as crisp and clear as i was hoping.. kinda unclear.. you have any suggestions? for high dollar speakers? no kenwood or alpine shit.. i was thinking maybe some image dynamics horn component sets, put the horns under the dash and a single 6 1/2 in the kicks, have you listened to them before? im worried about the sound stage sounding a bit low.. maybe ill go for a different pair of components and add a pair of tweets on the dash so itll raise it a bit.. who knows.. not with the budget i have right now though

ez

babir

revolt-minus

ABIU13
05-04-2002, 08:24 PM
YeS thats true!

poppy_morenito
05-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Only 8 hours huh ? that's like $1.40 an hour for $13 plates ....

ronnie_g
05-24-2002, 11:28 PM
How's this?

ronnie_g
05-24-2002, 11:53 PM
My BA Woof

Add your comment to this topic!