Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 prizm brakes are way spongy

rich_t
07-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I have 95 Geo Prizm and I have done just about everthing I know to get my brakes to come up. But they are still very soft, almost to the floor. I have replaced the master cylinder, booster, and bled them over and over. But still they are very soft. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

johnholl
07-06-2005, 11:09 AM
replace the pads and rotors

rich_t
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
replace the pads and rotors
Really? Thats about all I havn't replaced. I looked at the pads in the front and they looked ok. But I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your help.

johnholl
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I'd replace both pads and rotors. Sometimes they get hot and glaze over. If you've got 40K or more on the rotors replace them...it's only about $20 per rotor. I had spongy brakes on a Chevette, because they were underdesigned....But toyota brakes are pretty reliable as a rule....replace the pads every year...it's worth it

franski64
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
I had a rattling noise in my 95 Prizm when I went over bumps that was driving me crazy. When I looked underneath the car I could never see anything wrong. Here, one of my brake pads separated from it's metal backing, I only found this because my brakes felt spongy.

Add your comment to this topic!