Charger Commercial

Tony Stewart Fan
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I really like this commerical and thought I'd share: http://www.swiftindavis.com/sblog/index.php?itemid=455 What do you all think?

C/PO1 Schneider
07-14-2005, 07:17 AM
No offense, but I think stinks, just like all other car commercials...

Many, many car commercials make me want a car LESS every time I see them.

Tony Stewart Fan
07-14-2005, 09:09 AM
That's too bad. I actually thought they did a really good job showing off the speed and power the Charger posesses.

food4me
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
i think its a good comercial

theFREAKnasty82
08-01-2005, 01:28 AM
yeah, it's awesome. The new Charger definetly looks aggressive

Tony Stewart Fan
08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Not only does the Charger look cool in the commercial, but I really like the music in the background. IMO, it's a cool spot.

M3FordBoy
09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
It's funny though I saw one of those at the strip and it's burn outs were pathetic peg leg burnout and only ran a 14.7 was it's best and it was a 5.7l Hemi. I saw a shirt that said "Real Chargers have two doors". And what mad it worse was there was usaully a real Charger next to it runing 11 or 12's. I would like to see what the srt8's can do.

fasstdak
11-07-2005, 08:24 PM
The music in the background is:

Chris Classic - "Unleashed"

streethemi426
12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
The music in the background is:

Chris Classic - "Unleashed"
I aint seen the add cus im from the uk,as i said on another post the new charger does not have the classic musclecar look,and it has 4 doors,with a small block engine,hemi not HEMI,capital letters shud only be used for the 426.ford has done a much better job with the mustang at least it looks like a stang.chrysler have fouled up.

fasstdak
12-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I aint seen the add cus im from the uk,as i said on another post the new charger does not have the classic musclecar look,and it has 4 doors,with a small block engine,hemi not HEMI,capital letters shud only be used for the 426.ford has done a much better job with the mustang at least it looks like a stang.chrysler have fouled up.

I was supposed to look something like the original on the original design. But...DC decided against it and used the LX body for cost reasons. Wait until 2008 when the Challenger comes out (that one looks like the original).

theFREAKnasty82
12-07-2005, 12:34 AM

have you driven the new charger yet? Just take one drive and you'll be surprised. OK, maybe four doors doesn't work for some and the lack of a manual transmission is another error on DCX's part, but this thing sounds mean, looks mean and can go. When I drove one about a week ago, I was amazed at the power this thing makes and how it plants you in your seat. The reason why this charger uses a small block is due to cost, both to the manufacturer and to you. In the '60s, big blocks were the thing, but not everyone had the money for a big block, so most opted for small block V8's. They made just as much power as a big block, yet the insurance company didn't stick it to you b/c of the displacement of the engine in your muscle car. Case in point, the 302 Chevy and the 350, 302 Ford and 351, and the 318 Mopar and 360 motors, all small block, but could make serious horsepower. Look at the new Z06 'Vette, it has a 7.0 427 SMALL BLOCK. The spacing between the cylinders is so tight that they had to sleeve the cylinders. It can't be bored out anymore. But the Z06 makes 505 H.P. and (as much as I hate to admit it) can kill a SRT-10 Viper. The fact of the matter is that small blocks are here to stay b/c it's more cost efficient overall. Sure, DCX could make a 426 HEMI w/ aluminum heads & block. But w/ all that mass in motion, it'll suck gas which means the feds will stick a $7500 gas guzzler tax on you and your insurance will get you too w/ premiums over $1000/year, even if you are 45, and have a clean record. As I've said before, with today's high price of gas, and manufacturers trying to avoid being taxed by the feds for not having fuel efficient vehicles, not to mention trying to stay within the CAFE standards for vehicles, the days of big blocks in muscle cars are gone.

Interestingly, a few years ago, before the new LX platform was released, DC designed the Chrysler 300C prototype, it was a 2-door convertible that was highly praised but turned down in fear that it would take sales away from Merecedes' S-Class coupe & convertibles. I say this b/c they could have easily made the Charger into a two door, but things change. Seriously, if people just drove the car once, they'd think twice about it. Though I drove an R/T, not the SRT-8, it still was an awesome ride that made me shut up about the four door thing. My one and only gripe is that there is not an option for a manual transmission. If that was available, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. This car is great and rides very well for a 4200 lb. beast.

HeadlessHorseman
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
No offense, but this car should be named something else. Honestly, this car looks like the offspring of a Dodge 1500 pickup truck mating with a Neon. Look closely and you will see the resemblence :).

I'll take a vintage '69 Charger over this "thing" anyday. Speaking of "things," Volkswagon, once upon a time, had sense to name one of their products "The Thing" - presumably because it did not resemble anything they ever made before. Sheesh.

Add your comment to this topic!