Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine boggs at 3500

rxv8wannabe
07-04-2005, 12:52 PM
I have an 86 N/A that looses power at 3500 rpm. I already know about the grounding proplems that the car has and fixed that problem. I will explain what i did when this problem started. My car started running hot so I flushed the system and in order to remove the radiater cock I removed the cover under the car and realized thet I didn't have to remove the cover after I had already took it off. But anyway, I did, and can't figure out how to get the damn thing back on. But that is not my worst problem. When idleing I can easily redline the engine, but when I drive in any gear (5 speed), The car seriuosly boggss down and will continue to hesitate as long as I try to push it past 3500 rpm. Anything before 3500 the car runs perfectly. I also realize that the secondary injectors kick in at 3800 rpm. So I don't believe that is the problem. Please help if you can.

FDTT
07-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Is your car a six port? Are the ports opening up? I beleave 3500 is when they open.

drftk1d
07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I have an 86 N/A that looses power at 3500 rpm. I already know about the grounding proplems that the car has and fixed that problem. I will explain what i did when this problem started. My car started running hot so I flushed the system and in order to remove the radiater cock I removed the cover under the car and realized thet I didn't have to remove the cover after I had already took it off. But anyway, I did, and can't figure out how to get the damn thing back on. But that is not my worst problem. When idleing I can easily redline the engine, but when I drive in any gear (5 speed), The car seriuosly boggss down and will continue to hesitate as long as I try to push it past 3500 rpm. Anything before 3500 the car runs perfectly. I also realize that the secondary injectors kick in at 3800 rpm. So I don't believe that is the problem. Please help if you can.

grounding problem. i think there is a post in the faq about the infamous hesitation around those rpms

rxv8wannabe
07-07-2005, 05:29 AM
I don't know if my car is a 6 port but I think that my car may have a grounding problem could someone give me the link to the site where I can find out how to fix it.

FDTT
07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Didnt you just say you fixed your grounding problem?
The ground that causes the 3800rpm stutter is off the MAF i beleave.

drftk1d
07-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I don't know if my car is a 6 port but I think that my car may have a grounding problem could someone give me the link to the site where I can find out how to fix it.

all of the non turbo rx7s from 86 to 1991 were 6 port

rxv8wannabe
07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
all of the non turbo rx7s from 86 to 1991 were 6 port

What causes the secondary ports to not function properly.

Add your comment to this topic!