Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help!!!

Mr.Fun
07-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I just got a 87' porsche 944 bout 3 months ago and im just noticing some problems. First off i dont know nothing bout cars. I'm only 18 and this is only my second car,my other one was a toyota 4X4. Never really worked on cars so i know nothing bout nothing. OK so heres my question. First off when im drivin around town the temp. gauge goes almost into the red but stops right before i live in nor cali. so its preaty hot. The temp is bout 90 to 110 dont know the humidity if that matters at all anyway. never really goes into the red that i've noticed. My friend has a Nissan 240 sx and he knows some bout cars but not much bout euros. I asked him anyway and he said that i sould check coolant and get a diagnostics check.
Also i was wondering what i could do to get some more hp. From what i've read from other forums turboing can be very costly and i have limited funds, so is there anything else i can do. Another friend of mine knows some about euro cars, and knows how to work on cars, but i havent talked to him yet.Uhh i guess thats it for now. Hope to hear some of ur input thx. O and i cant really spell that good so dont bust my balls to bad bout it :) like my friends, tho i've heard just bout eveything. Thx again. :thumbsup:

zzpza
07-05-2005, 09:38 AM
re the temp gauge, off the top of my head, i'd say the three most likely causes are:

air-lock
low coolant or
failing coolant temp sensor for the fan

check the coolant first, as it's the easiest to check and the cheapest to fix. do a google on the coolant filling procedure for your car (i've never had to do it on mine so i can't help you there) and then find a friend who you trust who knows about cars and check the coolant level and if necessary flush and refill. n.b. MAKE SURE TO USE A COOLANT SUITABLE FOR A CAR WITH AN ALUMINIUM HEAD.

hth,
j.

Mr.Fun
07-09-2005, 01:08 AM
So im gettin ready to do my brakes and i need to know a good website for good brakes. thx:)

kaldir
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
I like using www.944online.com for a lot of stuff. ^^

Add your comment to this topic!