Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A30 Fuse issue

Darth Zavious
07-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Hello everyone! I own a 97 Chrysler Sebring LXI, w/about 130000 miles on it. The other day I was driving down the road and the car just died on me at the stop light. The car had power because the windows rolled down, headlights and hazard lights came on just fine and because all my instrument lights kept coming on as I tried to turn the car on. To make the long story short, I finally got it pushed to the side of the road, opened the hood and realized that the ENGINE MOTOR fuse A30, had blown on me. I felt kind of good because ASA I replaced that bad boy, the car started up just fine. Well, about 2 months & 4000 miles later, bam! The same thing... The same fuse has blown again. I happened to have an extra fuse figuring I may need it and ASA I put that one in, it blew it too. Now I'm out of fuses and I have to wait until next week to go get some from the dealership due to the current holiday upon us and well, I'm also out of ideas on what could be causing this issue.

Any ideas? Again, the fuse is a larger fuse (pinkish in color) and is under the hood and not in the interior of the car.

das2123
07-04-2005, 07:40 PM
If you are continuously blowing fuses, then you probably have a bad/loose ground somewhere.

Darth Zavious
07-23-2005, 12:46 PM
TY DAS2123 for your response. Yeah, I will be taking to the dealership soon.

Peace!

bearcatdon
07-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I would lean towards a short in the starter.

Add your comment to this topic!