Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Burned cds wont play in 2000 HT

mabyrd
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
So for some reason burned cds wont play in the factory cd player. I have read some forums on this and have gotten all sorts of opinions on it. Some say its the software and some just say the laser isnt strong enough to read burned cds. Anyone have any opinions? Anyone with a 2000 C70 Convert that does read burned cds? Thanks

fischmama
07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
i have a 99 c70 coupe with the sc-900 headunit and my cds work fine when they have no scratches on them. If they do it wouldn't read the cd and change to the next. Try a different brand/color cdr's that might help.

fischmama

mabyrd
07-05-2005, 07:58 AM
how can i figure out what model the head unit is? Ill try some of the things that you said might work. Its worth a try. Thanks

mabyrd
07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Well I know that it is a SC-901. I still can't figure why it doesnt play cd-rs. I don't really know that changing brands or colors will do anything but I'll check. Does anyone know if a SC-900 will fit? I'm guessing it will if it is a double din with a tape player. So, anyone that if i find a SC-900 I can switch them out? THanks for the help.

WhiteDB7
08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
We've had a few people coming in with older C70's complaining about this. The SC-900+ series Volvo head units always had trouble with CD-Rs. Sometimes it depends on the burning speed, usually a slower burning speed will help. But what we've found is that Fuji CDRs are the only brand that seem to play in these head units. Other options would be to replace the head unit all together, but that would mean you would have to downgrade to the one without the centre speaker channel and only a single disk CD player, not an indash 3 disk changer. You could also install an after market changer in the car somewhere, or buy a blitzsafe AUX adapter which gives you and AUX input through your existing CD changer port on the back of your head unit.

Hope everything works out for you.

randjhorses
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
my 98 wont play the ones that are just the silver color but i have the burnt cds that are multicolored and it plays thoose with or without scratches but i was agervated when some of them wouldnt play , seems like all the good ones , so i just use the mp3 player hooked to a cassette adaptor thing(dont know what to call it,lol)

Add your comment to this topic!