Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what kind of hp gains would i get

TerryJoe
04-22-2002, 08:16 PM
ok here is a list of things i am fixing to buy and need to know what kind of hp gains would come out of all of the products.
thx
headers
light weight underdrive pullys
intake
performance fuil rails
cat back exhaust
racing plug wires "dont know if i will get any type of gain?"
aluminum intake manifold
i want to get a 200hp gain in the stock motor then add a 150 hp nitrous system if the is something else i need please let me know i dont want to let my money go for nothing
i also plan on getting a turbo as soon as the loan goes thru
thx terry thornburgh

SleeperTeg
04-22-2002, 08:53 PM
If you are going to get a turbo, you can scrap these parts:
*Headers
*Intake

Fuel rail really isnt nessesary because your stock will handle plenty of flow (unless you want it for dress).

Did you say you wanted to get a 200hp NA gain? The things you want are kinda contraditary. Is this going to be a daily driver or a trailer queen?

changedagame108
04-22-2002, 09:33 PM
For an accurate hp measurement, get your car dynoed after those mods.

civicx_xracer
04-23-2002, 12:35 AM
I don't know what kind of hp you're gonna have but maybe I can try and help you from blowing all kinds of money. First, like stated earlier, if you ARE going turbo you will have no need for a header or intake. next thing if you are going turbo than you better start thinking about some internals for that thing(rings, bearings at least) And if you are going to go turbo then scrap the nitrous unless you are very knowledgable about cars or know someone that is. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if you are posting on her asking others what you need for your car than you prolly don't know a whole lot. Again, not trying to be mean. But as far as turbo+nitrous=cool explosion. It can be done but everything has to be pefect. And don't even plan on running a 150 shot with or without turbo unless you are trying to see how fast you can blow your car up. If you are going turbo you'll need:
1)turbo kit+intercooler(turbo, turbo manifold, b.o.v. wastegate, downpipe, other misc. piping, oil lines, intercooler)
2)fuel rail/ fuel pressure regulator
3)fuel pump/bigger injectors
4)Rings/bearing/rods?/pistons?-depening on how bad yours are
5)Exhaust system(2.5" should be good)
6)different ignition system(msd or something comparable)
No to mention all the other stuff. Someone to install all this. Plus misc. other parts like a boost gauge, air fuel gauge, oil p.s.i. gauge, at least. Anyway, don't think this is gonna be cheap or a fast way to get more hp.

SleeperTeg
04-23-2002, 12:45 AM
and once again......this all depends on your application.

TerryJoe
04-23-2002, 04:40 AM
just like u said civicx_xracer i dont know a whole lot just enuf but not enuf.i just took out a 10 grand loan and 4500 of it is going to a 96 impala.
the accord i want to set it up mostly for racing but i still want to drive it somewhat often. i found a shop near were i live and just want to have a good bit of knowlege on what i need and dont need. i do know that i need to build up the internals
i was gonna get a jdm h22a swap done but i was told i wouldnt have power sterring or a/c so that was out since i do want to cruse around in it some. i have a guy that will do the work for me. since i havent gotten my hands that durty yet.

Add your comment to this topic!