Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where is left side temp door servo (AC)

joalyons
07-01-2005, 05:20 PM
My 99 (with climate control) has the same problem many others do hot drives side AC / Cold passanger. I have read in several threads that its probably a bad left side temp door servo, can anyone tell me where it is and where I can get one (do the parts stores have it or is it a GM only part)?

joalyons
07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Anyone know where this servo is?

BNaylor
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone know where this servo is?

The temperature servos or actuators are located in the AC Heater assembly in the center of the dashboard. Access normally requires removing dash trim and various panels to get to it.

Have you checked the freon/R134a charge at the low pressure port for proper pressure based on the ambient temperature? Some GM "W" bodies exhibit this symptom you're having when the charge is low. Just my 2 cents. :2cents:

joalyons
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
I dont have my gauges now (in the middle of a move and they are packed and in storage) but I was thinking the same thing it takes a while for the pass side to get cool. In other GM cars I have cool takes a minute or two on this car it takes 5+ min. I will try to borrow some and check it, thank you.

buick leo
07-16-2005, 03:43 AM
Before You Go Changing Parts Check Your A/c Hvac Fuses Under Hood And Passenger Side Dash. If Thats Ok, Check Vacuum Hoses For Cuts Or Looseness. If Ok, Disconnect Both Battery Terminals For 10 Min., Reconnect For Onboard Computer To Reset Itself. Then Turn Car On With Both Doors Open, Turn A/c On And Run For 5 Min. You Should Feel Cold Air From Both Sides. Switch Settings And Test. If Doors Are Closed Temp Guage On Passenger Side Shuts Off When Sensing Cold Air, And You Have Cold Air On Passenger Side Only. If You Dont Feel Cold Air After This Your Freon Needs A Charge Or You Have A Leak. Most A/c Techs Say Its The Driver Side Actuators That Go Bad But Thats Rarely The Case. After They Change And Charge You Over $500.00 Mostly Labor They Do The Above Steps Anyway And That Solves The Problem. If Your Actuators Are Bad Your Heater A/c Unit Will Blink After Reset If You Have The Digital Dual Climate Control

85Toro
08-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I have the same problem you have.Did you find the solution?Tried the fuses/battery disconnect but that didn't work.

Add your comment to this topic!