Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hot air from driver side

cleong
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi all,

When i run the a/c every so often all i get is hot air coming from the driver side. The passenger side is cool. Someone mentioned removing a fuse to reset some sensors but this didn't work.

Anyone else have this problem and has solved it?

If you did how did you do it and what parts did you buy?

Thanks

philburn
08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
My '01 had the same problem....warm air on hte drivers side. I tried the "fuse thing" and nothing reset. So I took it to mech. The first thing he checked was the freon and since it was low, added some. Both sides are now blowing cold. He said the passenger side was warmer than I thought but just "felt "cooler since the drivers side was so warm. He explained this by saying that the passenger side is closer to the evaporator and thus blew the cooler (but not cold) air. He also said there might be a leak but he could not find it. This was two months ago and it is still blowing cold air on both sides.

AustinPowers3002
08-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi I'm New here but have the same problem with my 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL with the "Shortstar 3.5L" engine. The problem as I see it and as the dealer has shown me is the HVAC Climate Control Head is defective but not defective enough for GM to issue a recall. The programming inside the control head-(buttons for a/c, defrost etc. sits in dash below the radio) that controls the temperature doors for the dual climate control is running the count values out of range. The correction to the problem is a costly one and involves replacing the control head that has new programming to allow for the values. The part number is:

9388139 and it is the Oldsmobile Intrigue HVAC Controller

Hope this helps!

cleong
08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Man that's an expensive part. Is it easy to replace yourself?

Hmm weird how people have the same problem and so many different answers.

Guess freon would be the cheaper way to go first.

Thanks for all the help.

carson60
09-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

When i run the a/c every so often all i get is hot air coming from the driver side. The passenger side is cool. Someone mentioned removing a fuse to reset some sensors but this didn't work.

Anyone else have this problem and has solved it?

If you did how did you do it and what parts did you buy?

ThanksTRY THIS RUN YOUR AIR FOR 5 MIN
TURN THE CAR OFF DISCONNECT THE BATTERY
RECONNECT THE BATTERY TURN THE HEAT ON AND RUN IT FOR 5 MIN
THEN TURN THE CAR OFF STARTED IT BACK UP THEN TURN YOUR AIR
BACK ON. GOOD LUCK

Add your comment to this topic!