Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

does any 1 own a rc car here

asix
04-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Im looking for my first 1/10 electric touring car. i used 2 race bugies 10 years agao and im stuck as 2 which car to buy. Ive looked @ the kyosho mr4tc kit and im thinking of getting that. can you help??

DavidG
04-22-2002, 01:09 PM
well, i do...

i have a tamiya electric one, its a Castrol-Mugen NSX...
and a supernitro HPI i have like 5 bodies i have a c5-r vette/a lambo/ a 911 turbo/ F150/ and a yellow c5-r vette ;)

very cool all of them :D

Tyrell
04-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by asix
Im looking for my first 1/10 electric touring car. i used 2 race bugies 10 years agao and im stuck as 2 which car to buy. Ive looked @ the kyosho mr4tc kit and im thinking of getting that. can you help??

I've not looked at my HPI RC for some time. And I can't remember whe I last opened an RC mag. I still feel that HPI take a lot of beating, though.

...I must get back to my RC club and see how my old mates are getting on...

Regards
Mark

sarujin
04-23-2002, 03:43 AM
I own four r/c cars, and race three of them.

I have two Tamiya Mini Coopers (m-01, m-03), I race the M-03
I also own a Roadrunner Xpress Junior that I race in Mod
and finally I have a HPI Pro3.

sarujin

Darkangel2110
04-23-2002, 11:39 PM
I have the original HPI Sport..what a classic...i have the coilover shocks (aluminum bodied with threaded locknuts) carbon fiber shock towers, 1 way diff in the front, HPI belt tensioner, Dynamite Teflon Sealed bearings, MIP CVD Aluminum Driveshafts, LRP V7.1 Speed Control, Trinity P2K electric 27T motor with a Paradox Armature (much more torque and spools up quicker than just a Paradox motor or a P2K motor) HPI 5 spoke wheels running on the new HPI Yokohama Advan tires (hehe JDM!!!). Novak Reciever. Futaba for the servo and hand controller. Currently i run an S2000 body for drifting (yes u can drift an AWD car if u set it up right). For pimping or for pictures with my friends Pro 3w/M5 body I have a Mercedes AMG S55 body...slammed with chrome...i have to say HPI is one of the best kits out there....can take a beating and comeback for more....

Jay!
04-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Do you guys all know about our Remote Control Cars (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f698/) forum?

sarujin
04-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Yeah I know about the R/c Forum, but ever no one visits it, or no one can ever find it. It always appears rather inactive.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the r/c forum, under automotive art? as the bodies atleast are art!

sarujin

JDMTUNING
04-25-2002, 03:44 PM
I have a 1/24 scale Kyosho Mini-Z BNR34 aSkyline. Its great cuz I can fit my model car bodies on it:D

tenzoracerevovii
04-26-2002, 01:40 AM
i had a gas powered car that i don't know the company of....my aunt bought it for me in korea.....yea i know i sound s poiled.....anyways.....it came with a lancer evo rally body.....i threw it away cuz i messed it up and bought two bimmer bodies.....one m5 and an m coupe hatchback......both look nice....and i bought a team associated buggy...electric........man....i want them back....i let my friend borrow em and he fuckin lost them.......punk ass....

tazdev
04-26-2002, 06:04 AM
I have an Associated TC3 that I used to race two years ago. Used many body shells on it but during racing they get F%$ked pretty quick. Currently it has an HPI Supra shell on.

Prostock motor and ESC

frodus
04-26-2002, 11:00 AM
I used to have an HPI Nitro RS4-2
Heat sink head
Paris Turbo Ring Pipe Anodized Purple
Ofna Header
Front belt tensioner (HPI)
2 speed transmission (HPI)
Futaba 3PDF FM radio
2 HITEC Full Ball Bearing servo's
Converted the exhaust to go out the rear to dual exhaust