Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What paints?

MikeWz
06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Just wondering what kind of paints you guys use on your models. Looking for paints for airbrushing, so also what kind of thinner you use. Are there any particular paints (company, type of paint etc..) that will look better in a certain situation than another?

I'm using cobra colors for the body because they're pretty awesome. Not only do they look incredible, but they're easy to apply as well (end advertisement).

97_sho
06-29-2005, 09:17 PM
tamiya or testers for paint but as for thinner i use testors

Vric
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Everything you want to know about Paint (http://models.magietec.com/wiki/index.php?title=Everything_you_want_to_know_about_ Paint)

chaos
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Generally tamiya acrylics for interiors thinned with tmiya thinner. For bodies, either decanted tamiya spraypaints or auto lacquers

MikeWz
06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Are there company preferances though? I see most people who use Enamels use Testors. For acrylics most people seem to use Tamaiya, but I read something about "metalizer" or something like that, to replace Tamaiya's chrome silver.

tonioseven
06-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Cobra colors, Tamiya, Plastikote, Duplicolor, and Testors when I feel lucky :p

Jaymes
06-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I use both Tamiya and Testors Acrylics, and Testors Enamels. I have to say that I prefer Testors Acrylics over Tamiya Acrylics, as they don't chunk up as easily, and tend to wash off easier.

Add your comment to this topic!