Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Made my 1st kill

RedY2KCivic
04-22-2002, 01:21 AM
lol
Well maybe I shouldn't be wording it like that. :hehe:
The jist of it is....my friends called me tonight and told me to meet them at the theatres to go see Changing Lanes (great movie, btw). So anyways, (for those of you in Nor Cal) I was going over Roseville Parkway (at the bridge coming up by sunsplash), and I was going about 70mph, and all of a sudden, this met the front of my car... :(

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/wild/mammals/images/jakrabb.jpg

I couldn't swerve because there was traffic and I was in the far right lane, and I couldn't slow down, so...... *sigh*
The worst part was I felt it go under my car (right under my feet), and I heard it hit in the back (probably my exhaust or something), and then I saw it in my rearview mirror rolling off to the side, and the car behind me hit it again. :apuke: It was nasty.
So I started getting kind of shaky, because I couldn't believe I hit a bunny. :( Well, okay, I can't lie to y'all, I was more worried about what my car looked like. :devil:
So I get to the theatres, and I park, and I look at the front of my car. Now, the front of my car looks like this:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/460798afdemo.jpg

Note the mesh grille on the lower part--well, it's not there anymore. And also, you can't see because of the glare, but I had my 'H' emblem on the front where I painted the top grille white, but I guess the force of the bunny popped it off. :mad: So now I have to get some more mesh and get a new emblem. :mad: But I didn't see any dents or anything--yet. I get to find that out tomorrow morning when the sun is up so I can actually see...
Oh well, what am I complaining about? At least I'm still alive... right?

:rolleyes:

:hehe:

Kaneto
04-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Animals are just evil.

Last December, I was driving back home from Las Vegas in the CRX. There's a long stretch, just after you cross the state line into California... where it's around 10 miles or so of completely straight, smooth 4-lane highway. It has a very slight incline as you head west, just before climbing sharply into the sierra nevadas.

Anyway, I was cruising along doing a little over 100mph, when this suicidal coyote decides to run across the highway like 15 feet in front of me. I basically had half a second to swerve halfway onto the shoulder to keep from hitting the damn thing.

They're so stupid. Yeah, you feel bad when you hit one... but you have to wonder if maybe they deserve it, just for being that stupid.

Of course, we all worry more about what it does to our cars than the animals themselves.

RedY2KCivic
04-22-2002, 02:25 AM
omg :eek:

Well I don't know what a rabbit was doing on a bridge over the freeway, but oh well.... I can't put the blame on him/her/whatever. :hehe: We took it's home by building over it I guess, so.... :rolleyes:

I can't feel too bad though....one of my buddie's had his F-150 totalled by a deer one night when he was coming down out of the Sierras from Reno. :eek: :(

They should learn to stay off the roads!! :rolleyes:

DarknessRS
04-22-2002, 11:21 AM
You evil evil people killing poor defenseless animals at very high speeds. How can you live with yourselves??? :mad: :cry:

(RedY2KCivic gets 5 points for the rabbit, and Kaneto: you get 20 for the coyote and 10 bonus for hitting it at 100 mph :p :p :p)

hybridDC2
04-22-2002, 01:21 PM
i usually dont go for rabbits but a kill is a kill. i prefer targets like pigeons, small birds, or anything with wings that i can blitz while they're on the ground. nothing like the subtle sound of wings and bones being broken when you run one over. but i'd really really like to run over a skunk again though, because im such a skunk2 fanatic now. anyway keep up the good work rabbit killer #1!

SilverY2KCivic
04-22-2002, 02:08 PM
I'd hate to see what a coyote did @ 100mph, Shaun. :(

And Lndy, I'm sorry to hear about your run-in with the rabbit. :( But like you said, we have to expect it as we did build our roads on their land/home. =\ Anywho, I hope your grille and emblem is all that's damaged. My offer on the emblem still stands if you want it. ;) I almost thought I pegged a bird once that flew literally about 5-10 feet infront of my car while driving a road in the Eaton Canyon area of Pasadena/Altadena, and I know I had to have hit it, because whenever I run anything over (objects usually) I fix my eyes on my rear view mirror to make sure it comes out the back, all I saw with the bird was a big swirl of feathers come from behind me. I didn't see anything in the road though, and when I pulled over, no feather were in my grill, or anywhere else, no blood, and nothing under my car. By some miracle, I think it managed to fly away real low in a split second. :eek:

RedY2KCivic
04-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hybridDC2
i usually dont go for rabbits but a kill is a kill. i prefer targets like pigeons, small birds, or anything with wings that i can blitz while they're on the ground. nothing like the subtle sound of wings and bones being broken when you run one over. but i'd really really like to run over a skunk again though, because im such a skunk2 fanatic now. anyway keep up the good work rabbit killer #1!

haha
You make it sound like I tried to hit it. :rolleyes: Anyways, I always thought it was funny when I told people that I hit a bird once, and they always say "You're so lucky!!" lol I know I didn't kill it because after it hit the ground it started hopping around (I wasn't going very fast, it was in a residential), but it flew straight into my windshield. :hehehe: Guess he deserved it for not noticing the huge bright red car in front of it. :D
Running over a skunk would be NASTY, how would you get the smell out of your car?!? :confused:
Haha
I didn't get the nice swirl of feathers you got Matt, darn. Guess I'll have to try for that next time. :devil: :hehe:
Well I was thinking of maybe instead of keeping a stock emblem to just get a red one for the front. I don't know yet though, I'll keep you in mind Matt, thanks. :D

5 points for me, yay! :p
Now I get to go do the clean up. I hope I don't find any surprises. :apuke:

Anyone wanna do it for me? :hehe:

hybridDC2
04-23-2002, 12:41 AM
actually i just about decapitated a skunk before. i had to stand watch at like 0330 in the morning and i was on my way to the base on my way i was just flying like normally but the road had so many hills and dips that when i got to top of one i didnt see the skunk in front til it was too late, and i wasn't about to try and swerve out of the way at 90+mph. i felt the impact it left on my bumper and right away the stench just made it's way into the cabin. so there i was driving on the freeway in the middle of winter at 0300 in the morning with both windows open. i'll never forget that day because even though i parked the car as far as i could from the gate i had to watch, the stench just radiated everywhere. it must have been a good 50 yards away and i was still sufferin i tell you. when i was cleaning my car i found blood and hair stuck to the underside of my car everywhere. AND i had to park inside my garage because stanky or not, mofos WILL jack your ride in your driveway in san diego.

don't worry, sooner or later you'll get your chance at exotic game like myself. happy hunting! :devil:

RedY2KCivic
04-23-2002, 01:01 AM
hahaha, dude, that's disgusting!!!!
I hope I never have the pleasure of getting the 'exotic' game. :p
I'll leave that to you. :hehe:

THE4TH
04-23-2002, 11:07 AM
speaking of aiming for small birds and what not a buddy of mine toasted a pigeon in his 82 rx7... funnies thing.. it wasn't moving.. just stayed there, then after we get over it, he's doin like 70.. it tires to fly out from under, but goes forward so it pops up, hit the front bumper, sliding up the hood, long hood, old rx7, and then bounces off the glass, about 50ft into someone's lawn ... it was wicked funny... it left this weird white dust on the bumper... looks like someone tossed a powdered doughnut at the bumper it was gross... :silly2:

hybridDC2
04-23-2002, 11:40 AM
pigeons are fuckin fearless in this day and age but it is their stupidity and total lack of fear that prevents them from becoming a worthy adversary of the four-wheeled hunter.

THE4TH
04-23-2002, 11:56 AM
i just don't get why the stupid thing took off towards the front... if it went any other way it might have lived... i guess i could care less it made a good show.... pigeon launching... woohoo

RedY2KCivic
04-23-2002, 01:45 PM
You guys are too funny.

I don't even think we have pigeons up here, we just get a lot of seagulls and other littler birds. I used to hate that at school, because my spot was right under one of the lights, and they loved to sit on them. :mad: lol They used to attack people eating outside at lunch too though. :hehehe:

THE4TH
04-24-2002, 01:43 AM
yeah i hate that my spot at work used to be next to the light.... so it would always hit the side of the car and streak down... not just one spot... damn birds and their crap....

RedY2KCivic
04-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by THE4TH
yeah i hate that my spot at work used to be next to the light.... so it would always hit the side of the car and streak down... not just one spot... damn birds and their crap....

Eew, that's gross. In high school I drove a Midnight Metallic blue '88 Accord Lxi (yeah, yeah, big pimpin, I know... :p ), and if you think crap stands out on light colored cars, omg, it was nasty. :hehe:

lol

"...damn birds and their crap..."

THE4TH
04-25-2002, 07:29 PM
i hear ya on that, my gsr used to be red... and i thought it was bad on that.. then i get the blue si and it stands out way more..
kinda shitty ...lol... i suck ... :licker:

RedY2KCivic
04-25-2002, 09:17 PM
haha
Oh well, she's still a beauty when she's all shiny and crap-free ;) :D

THE4TH
04-27-2002, 01:05 AM
yes it does dear.. it certainly does.. but then again the s2k is lookin pretty pimpin clean too.....

RedY2KCivic
04-27-2002, 03:30 PM
yes it does dear.. it certainly does.. but then again the s2k is lookin pretty pimpin clean too.....

:mad:
Just had to rub it in that you have an S2K, didn't you? :finger:

:right:

THE4TH
05-01-2002, 02:55 AM
wouldn't you...:rolleyes: but for the love of god i offered you a ride..
when ever it is that you get down here... :cool:

RedY2KCivic
05-01-2002, 10:31 AM
hehehe, I know :rolleyes:

But you said the key words...

when ever it is that you get down here... :cool:

Whenever I can get down there. Don't think I don't want to. :p
:D

THE4TH
05-01-2002, 04:53 PM
oh i know you want it...:devil:
but whenever you can is fine too...:D

RedY2KCivic
05-01-2002, 06:00 PM
oh i know you want it...:devil:

hahaha
You don't know what I really want. :devil:

Anyways, I have a new philosophy.

GUYS THAT DRIVE S2000'S ARE :coolguy:

:D

Today when I was driving out to get lunch on my break, I saw a red S2000 in my rear view mirror, and I started getting all excited and drooly and-well-you know how it goes. ;)
But anyways, he pulled up behind me, and then came up on my left, and it was an older Asian guy. He looked at my car, looked at me, smiled, and gave me the thumbs up as he turned off onto another street.
*sigh*

It just made my day.

THE4TH
05-02-2002, 01:13 AM
if you care to clue me in on what it is that you want maybe we can work something out.. and if you want me to praise your car... no prob if it makes ya feel better... post me another pic... i never got a good shot of it..

RedY2KCivic
05-02-2002, 11:05 AM
:confused:
Why would I want you to praise my car?
She's nothing to be that proud of yet.

The thing yesterday wasn't the fact that he 'praised' my car, 'cause I get that all the time anways, it's just that usually people who drive sweet cars are dicks and don't give a care about anything else. I just thought it was cool. :)

THE4TH
05-02-2002, 06:58 PM
i usually see people with nice cars. like bimmers, and mercs... that are dicks.. i've met some nice people who have nsx's and vipers..

RedY2KCivic
05-02-2002, 06:59 PM
i usually see people with nice cars. like bimmers, and mercs... that are dicks.. i've met some nice people who have nsx's and vipers..

I'll agree to that. :)

THE4TH
05-03-2002, 12:16 AM
just seems odd to me why they would think they are better...
hell i got a better faster car, for half the money..

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 01:44 AM
If they are assholes, then they think their car is so fast because they paid sooo much for it. That's where we import fanatics show up and prove 'em wrong :flipa:

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
If they are assholes, then they think their car is so fast because they paid sooo much for it. That's where we import fanatics show up and prove 'em wrong :flipa:

Yeah, but it's just like...I hate it when a guy in a Roush Stang will come up next to a Honda (both fairly stock) and they'll be like, "oh, I can kick his ass" and this and that. Like once I was in my buddie's Z28, and there's this ass that lives in Roseville with a Viper. He's like 22 years old with an '00 GTS--bright red, the whole deal. And he pulled up next to us and looked over and revved his engine, and me and my buddy laughed and he revved up his camaro, and the guy was like, "you know I could smoke you" And we were just like, OMG, if you couldn't smoke us, then there's something wrong. My buddy had flowmasters, and that was about it, I mean--hello, if you're going to talk shit about racing someone, stay within your league. Of course when a GT pulls up to me with only I/E on my Honda, he's gonna kick my ass. I hate listening to some of these guys that drive domestic V8s and such talk about how they 'smoke hondas all day long'. I mean, duh, if you don't, then you either can't drive, or you've got problems with your car.
lol
I dunno, it just buggs me.
:rolleyes:

jOYRiDe
05-03-2002, 08:23 PM
i once saw a car hit a cat and another car ran directly over it. the gross thing was, its organs came spilling out of its ass and was all pink and crap. i almost ran over the dead cat too, if it were not for the little kittens sitting on the road next to its dead mother :(

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic

I hate listening to some of these guys that drive domestic V8s and such talk about how they 'smoke hondas all day long'.

Yep, that's why I'm striving to make my I4 Honda into a V8 killer.

THE4TH
05-04-2002, 12:52 AM
, if it were not for the little kittens sitting on the road next to its dead mother
that's so sad... :(

jOYRiDe
05-04-2002, 01:00 AM
that's so sad... :( yeah, it was pretty bad cos im sure other cars would have run over the dead cat some more

RedY2KCivic
05-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jOYRiDe
yeah, it was pretty bad cos im sure other cars would have run over the dead cat some more

Omg, don't talk about that, that's depressing. ... :(

jOYRiDe
05-04-2002, 04:12 PM
i think now would be an appropriate time to have the drift cat in this thread :D
<insert drift cat here>

RedY2KCivic
05-04-2002, 05:27 PM
i think now would be an appropriate time to have the drift cat in this thread :D
<insert drift cat here>

hehehe

Yeah, we need something funny to bring this thread back up. :D

THE4TH
05-06-2002, 03:42 PM
maybe it's me but i seem to think there are more memebers from cali .. and none of them post here... any idea why ?
i see the same 5 or 6 people here.. wouldn't it be nice if we could lock them in the cali forum ..:devil:

RedY2KCivic
05-06-2002, 04:15 PM
maybe it's me but i seem to think there are more memebers from cali .. and none of them post here... any idea why ?
i see the same 5 or 6 people here.. wouldn't it be nice if we could lock them in the cali forum ..:devil:

lol
What would we do if we were all locked up together in this tiny space??

Kaneto
05-06-2002, 06:27 PM
Well really a lot of these threads kind of turn into conversations between a 2 or 3 individuals.

Personally I tend not to make a post unless I specifically have something to say.

THE4TH
05-09-2002, 02:21 AM
lol ok man well somethin to say or not .. pipe in will ya.. it's nice to hear from the crowd...:D

jOYRiDe
05-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic

lol
What would we do if we were all locked up together in this tiny space?? some jiggy action?? :right:

RedY2KCivic
05-09-2002, 12:47 PM
some jiggy action?? :right:

haha
I was waiting for that :hehe:

....even though the Cali forum is all guys.....???
Hope y'all have fun... :D

THE4TH
05-10-2002, 12:40 AM
woohoo sausage party lol.... :rolleyes:

RedY2KCivic
05-10-2002, 01:47 AM

:apuke:

emadboy200
05-10-2002, 06:23 PM

joyride would be in heaven. LOL :D

THE4TH
05-10-2002, 06:30 PM
ya know just when i start to feel bad for joyride.. i remember those bad ass pics of him with the gun .. i hope that was him .. anyway then he's just a tough guy and i know he can take it..

Add your comment to this topic!