Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 accord radio locked up after battery disconnect

cyalookin
06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I disconnected my battery and upon reconnection, my radio/cd will not work. it says CODE. Honda dealer wants to charge too much to reconnect and sticker in glove box with reset code is gone since I bought the car used. HELP!! I can't stand riding in silence!

blacknight
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
What they really want to charge you for is taking out your radio, looking on the back and getting the serial number from the radio. But you can do that yourself. Here's what you do

1) click this link (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135) to remove the stock radio.

2) getr the serial number from the back of the radio. If you're not sure which number to get. Copy them all.

3) take the numbers, along with your license and registration to the dealer and they will get the lock code for you.

**NOTE**
If the car is not registered in your name, that person (whose name the car is registered under) would have to go get the code for you

cyalookin
07-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the instructions. After printing them out many times, I finally have one in english and not japanese. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks again!

Add your comment to this topic!