Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

removing black trim ???

MoNsTeR`ImPaLa
06-29-2005, 05:38 AM
ok i saw a Impala lastnight with colour coded door trim and thought damn thas easy enough to do but whats the easiest way to remove it and can it be removed from the front bumper ???? also i called GM yesterday and the sport tail light pkg was like 850 canadian eeeeek
i guess im using vinal

3.4imp
06-29-2005, 02:37 PM
the trim can be taken off the front bumper. the cheapest sport taillights i saw were on ebay for 70 bucks. three-piece with 3m tape. they only had em in black and silver but you can always paint them along with your trim

MoNsTeR`ImPaLa
06-29-2005, 06:23 PM
the trim can be taken off the front bumper. the cheapest sport taillights i saw were on ebay for 70 bucks. three-piece with 3m tape. they only had em in black and silver but you can always paint them along with your trim

silver is the colour i need but im not buying anything else from ebay for this car i went through 4 key fobs and if the light covers are not GM chances are they wont fit

how do you remove the black trim anyone know

BTW thnx 3.4imp

3.4imp
07-01-2005, 06:13 PM
well for the front bumper take your grill out and start from there. pop out those little plastic stops. then go under your bumper and unscrew about 3 or 4 screws with a 8mm socket i believe. then unscrew with the same 8mm the three screws on the edge of the fender well on each side. I also took my headlights out too. don't know if i needed to though. the hardest part is when you have all the visible screws out there are 4 nuts on the inside where the fender meets the bumper. 2 on each side. can't remember what size 13mm i think. anyway they're hard as hell to reach. the passenger side is the hardest because you'll have to remove the windshield fluid tank to get to the screws. once you've done that it should slip off (make sure you have all screws out). then take a flat head screw driver and pop out the trim from INSIDE of bumper.

Add your comment to this topic!