01 Rodeo Issues

lkumosa
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I was hoping your expertice could help me out with some issues on my 01 Rodeo LS. It's a 3.2L 5 speed 4x4. I know it has a bad intake manifold gasket because it idles rough when cold and wants to stall, but once driven for a while goes back to normal. But this other issue, well, I'm stumped...

Every once in a while, regardless of engine temperature, when starting from standstill in first gear, as I begin to engage the clutch the car starts bucking, sometimes violently. I have to quickly disengage the clutch to stop this behavior. Then I have to try again. This is extremely annoying, especially in stop and go traffic. I've driven manuals before and it's not my driving abilities (I got that peice of genius advice from my friend), I've driven this car for 12k miles with no prior problems so I don't think that's it.

Thanks for you help.

Lucas

amigo-2k
06-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Swap out the intake manifold gasket first and see what happens.

rodeo02
06-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Yep. Definately start with replacing the IMG. They can be the cause of some strange performance issues :uhoh: . Ryan can attest to that!
G/luck
Joel

marcre
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Agreed, the IMG makes a lot of things act weird. Took my mechanic three times to discovery it was the problem. There is a good chance that when the IMG is fixed, the other problems will go away.

lkumosa
06-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully this will get fixed on Saturday with no further problems.

Lucas

Add your comment to this topic!