Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Soft Top Quality

Jeep8402
06-28-2005, 06:25 PM
I am getting ready to buy a new soft top for my 93 Wrangler YJ and am not sure what to buy. I know a Besttop Supertop would be the logical choice but I dont know if there are others out there that rival the quality of Besttop but at a cheaper price. Any suggestions? Are sail-cloth tops any good?

GreenJeep10
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I had a soft top from BestTop for my 97 and it seemed to be pretty good quality wise. I had a friend with a factory soft top that was in poor shape and he talked me into trading it to him for a set of Muzuno golf clubs and Nike bag. I should have kept the soft top. I just have a hard top now. If you wait until Fall the prices usually drop a little.( maybe 20-50$) Just a thought if you want to get a good price. Hope this helps with your decision.

Simmonz
06-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Bestop's sailcloth replace-a-top is the top im going with when I replace mine. Its a heavy material, so it should be durable and fairly quiet. Plus it has a 2 yr warranty...

wilwith1l
06-29-2005, 06:10 AM
If you have never ridden in a vehicle with a sail cloth top try it. it is an insane amount of differance. It makes highway speeds bearable. A sail cloth top would make it sound like the new Jeeps of the floor.

Jeep8402
07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I think I am going w/ the sail cloth top from Besttop, I think that is the best qaulity. Anyone heard anything bad about this top? The sooner the better, Im making my purchase this week.

fredjacksonsan
07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I replaced my 97's top with the sail cloth, it was quieter than the factory hard top (or so it seemed). Very quiet, simple instructions, and took me only an hour or hour and a half. Hardest part was putting on the new windows for the doors.

One thing you'll want to check for is rust on the window frames. You'll want to get rid of that before stretching the new material on. There are products (sorry forget the name) you can get at hardware stores that will convert the rust to a epoxy-like material. It dries in 10-15 minutes.

Add your comment to this topic!