Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stuck Tranny

Whumbachumba
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, big problem. I was about to leave the eye doctor and got in the accord. Went to shift out of park but the button would not fully depress and let me shift out of park. I tried jiggling the shifter made sure the parking break was off and made sure the car was all the way on. Is there any way to get the tranny unstuck? This happened yesterday, but I restarted the car and it was fixed. I tried that again, but it didn't work today. NEED HELP NOW!

AccordCodger
06-28-2005, 01:29 PM
When you hit the brake, do you hear the solenoid engage? Spilling Coke etc on your console can make it stick, resulting in an intermittently-locked shifter.

ProMan
06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
There should have a manual shift release slot on the side of the shift lever. Push your key into the slot and the lever will be unlocked.

You need to find out what is wrong though.

gitter44
06-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Stick the key into the key slot on the gear shift column and unlock the shifter... Put it in nuetral, remove the key put it in the ignition and start the car.

Whumbachumba
06-28-2005, 05:29 PM
My dad said it was a selanoid issue and is getting it resolved. Thanks for the help guys, I really can't get to it right now because I don't know if it is still at the doctors or if it is at a shop, and I only have a hour lunch break anyways. Thanks again for the help. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Also, when the car is started, the mantinence requires light flashes 5 times then turns off. Is this another problem or is it relating to the shifter?

Add your comment to this topic!