Cutting the top off a unibody car...

astroracer
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Just a little heads up here. I was reading a post about the mods that were done to a Cavalier and saw that the owner had cut the top off. Not that this mod is all that spectacular but I hope he reinforced the unibody before he did the cutting... Unibody cars get most of their strength from the roof panel. Cutting the roof off will let the car sag at the weakest point which is right behind the front seats.

TheSilentChamber
06-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Agreed, even if the car is a trailer queen and never gets drove, it will still start to sag. If its street driven regularly... well the results can be horrid. Nothing like your ass scraping the pavment doing 70 down interstate.

jveik
09-05-2005, 10:57 AM
lol some kids here in omaha did that to a chevy cavalier wagon and it looks hilarious. they painted it with pink rattlecan paint and put k-mart spinners on the doughnuts. it looks hillarious. lol i bet it will start sagging pretty damn bad before too long.

Carbon Fibre
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
The sawzall was created by the saw gods to rain down Chevy symbols across the the desert!!!!!!!!!! And 2x4's. Reinforce it, stupid!!!!!

TheSilentChamber
06-18-2006, 12:55 AM
You got to stop bringing up this old threads.

curtis73
06-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Carbon Fibre. You seem to insist on re-opening old threads. Do not do that anymore. Read the guidelines here: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/guidelines.html

If you don't read and follow them you risk being banned.

Add your comment to this topic!