Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Daynaride rear air strut trick.

HotZ28
06-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Tired of hearing your auto leveling compressor run everytime your car sits idle for a few hours or (days if your lucky)? You could have bad bladders on the struts, a weak compressor, leaking air line or leaking air back through the compressor. If your struts are good, and you want to elimate the compressor problem, just order Monroe part # AK29. This a kit to install a manual fill setup for the air struts. It will work on original struts as well as Monroe. cost about $5.00 and has everything you need including instructions. Installls in about 30 min. Put 25 lbs. of air in the struts to start and take it for a ride. If you need the rear higher or carry a heavy load you may want a little more. Pull the fuse on the compressor and forget it. I did this on mine and would never go back to the auto leveling system. Below is just one link where you can get the kit. Do a search for AK29 and it will pop up. Some Monroe dealers keep the kit in stock.

http://www.partsamerica.com/
Auto Parts and Auto Accessories at Advance Auto Parts

deadring
06-27-2005, 06:32 AM
i installed a 2 way switch under my dash.. so i put air when "I" want it... :)

Deadring

HotZ28
06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
The kit I refer to allows you to put air in just like putting air in a tire. You can also check the PSI with a pressure guage just like a tire. If you have a good compressor, I suppose a manual switch works OK, however you still don't know what PSI you have and you could blow the bladders if over pressurized. I dobut the little compressor on these cars would generate enough pressure to do that. Mine was pumping only 10 or 15 psi at best. With the manual fill station, you set it once for the best ride quality and never need to change it again unless you are a bootlegger. Also I keep a handy jump start kit with a built in compressor (100 psi max) in my trunk in the event of a dead battery or if I ever need air in a tire or decide to haul two 500 pounders in the back seat.

Add your comment to this topic!