Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4x4 troubles, vacuum hose routing

JIMMY92w
06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I have a 1992 GMC Jimmy v6 (w) and am having problems getting it into 4 wheel drive. When I press the button I hear the motor click but 4x4 does not engage. I checked under the battery and the diaphragm appears to be fine but the vacuum hose was eaten in half by battery acid.

My problem is I can’t find when this vacuum hose is supposed to lead to. I have both Haynes & Chilton's repair manuals but appear to be useless. Could some one please give me a reference in these books or explain where this vacuum line leads to from the diaphragm. I was under the car and searched the form with out any success.

Thanks

TONYL48
07-08-2005, 06:22 AM
I have a 1992 GMC Jimmy v6 (w) and am having problems getting it into 4 wheel drive. When I press the button I hear the motor click but 4x4 does not engage. I checked under the battery and the diaphragm appears to be fine but the vacuum hose was eaten in half by battery acid.

My problem is I can’t find when this vacuum hose is supposed to lead to. I have both Haynes & Chilton's repair manuals but appear to be useless. Could some one please give me a reference in these books or explain where this vacuum line leads to from the diaphragm. I was under the car and searched the form with out any success.

Thanks
i had same problem ..i am no mechanic so bare with me..one hose goes to a vac pump (looks like a big softball) one line runs to something under battery box and one goes to something under the air intake hose (that was the one i couldnt find)it kicked into 4x4 hi as soon as i got it hooked up..hope this helps if not you can e-mail me and i will respond cause i know it is frustrating

lehmann
07-08-2005, 10:27 PM
99 jimmy wouldnt come out of 4 low found broken vacuum line above transfer case don't know where it goes help!

Add your comment to this topic!