Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Rear Speaker Box/Grille/bracket question

negativecreep934
06-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi I have a 1991 Honda Accord and have recently purchased some infinity kappa 63.4 3-way 6 1/2 speakers for the rear of my car and am running into a mounting problem. When I put the speakers into the Speaker box/grille/bracket, which I will refer to as the speaker box from now on, the top of the speaker cone is not clearing the height so the grille on top of the speaker box and fit back onto the box and be able to be screwed down. I was curious if anyone else has run into this problem and how they went about solving it. I was hoping maybe someone knew of an online retailer where I could buy aftermarket boxes with a bigger mounting depth.

One last question, is there a firewall on the passenger side of the car in the front?

AccordCodger
06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
is there a firewall on the passenger side of the car in the front?

Yup - it's all one firewall. (Wouldn't be much protection if it was only on the driver's side).

negativecreep934
06-26-2005, 06:14 PM
oops, i ment a firewall port, one of the little shields I can put a hole in to feed the amplifier positive through.

sickhonda
06-29-2005, 12:12 PM
:confused: Let me see if I understand your speaker grille problem. The speakers middle cone design protrudes too high and not clearing the speaker grille during mounting…is this correct? Also remind me again, it’s been awhile since I did some work with mine…does the speaker mounts on top of the speaker opening or the bottom of the opening? Sorry about my line of questioning, I wish I can just step outside and check my car but I’m currently out-of-state. I'm no expert, but I want to help you out if I can.

negativecreep934
07-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Yes, you are correct in assuming that the cone is not clearing the grille during mounting. I'm just looking for a way to clear the grille or possibly buy some aftermarket speaker boxes for the car.

Add your comment to this topic!