Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Engine Light on Again

brunnj
06-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Just yesterday my check engine light came on again in my 99 Mountaineer (5.0L V8). I took the vehicle to a local Auto parts store to have the code read and it came back as a code 1451. I think he said it was a general EGR failure. Can anyone help with this. Hope it's not the DPFE sensor again because I just replaced that about 2-3 months ago. Thanks.

brunnj
07-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Just yesterday my check engine light came on again in my 99 Mountaineer (5.0L V8). I took the vehicle to a local Auto parts store to have the code read and it came back as a code 1451. I think he said it was a general EGR failure. Can anyone help with this. Hope it's not the DPFE sensor again because I just replaced that about 2-3 months ago. Thanks.

Well, this turned out to be nothing at all. The day before I replaced the shocks on my vehicle. In order to get the ones off the rear, I had to drop the spare tire and move the charcoal canister out of the way. It has a sensor connected to it that I had to disconnect (I think everyone can see where this is probably going). I replaced the shocks and put everything back in it's place with the exception of reconnecting the sensor. The next morning when I started the vehicle, the light came on. I have since reconnected the sensor and cleared the code. I have driven for about a week and the light has not come back on. This was a lesson for me.

Doug Rodrigues
08-14-2005, 11:08 PM
........and for the rest of us too. Thanks for the info.

Add your comment to this topic!