Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leak in fuel line

Dan V
06-25-2005, 12:11 PM
From reading posts in this forum, I am figuring if I have a leak in one of my fuel lines will it prevent the truck from starting?

But then why does it start sometimes then? and why doesn't the pump turn on every time if the leak is allowing the pressure to bleed off?

It looks like I actualy have 2 of my lines that are leaking, maybe caused by the clamp that holds them together. The leaks are right by one of the clamps.

Is there a quick way to repair a leak without pulling the line down and completely replacing or patching with a short piece of tubing?

Dan V
06-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Replaced the lines...no help. I guess I'll get a fuel pressure gage and try that.

tri-power
06-26-2005, 12:21 PM
once a line starts to go it's usually best to replace it completely. Otherwise you can continue to chase leaks for a long time to come. If it's the main fuel line, you can get by with replacing a certian section. Either before the filter or after the filter depending which part is bad. Remember that Fuel injected engines run on higher fuel perssure that carbuerated engines so trying to patch it with rubber fuel hose isn't a good idea.

Add your comment to this topic!