Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Prizm...Doesn't anybody know?

justnakenny
06-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Doesn't anybody know how to take the tail light assembly off of this car? I'm simply trying to replace the burned out bulb and I can't even get into where its at. It can not be changed like the little owner's manual says, that it can. One of you must have changed a bulb somewhere along the way. Would you please share how you did it with me? Thank you. Rev. Miller

justnakenny
07-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Doesn't anybody know how to take the tail light assembly off of this car? I'm simply trying to replace the burned out bulb and I can't even get into where its at. It can not be changed like the little owner's manual says, that it can. One of you must have changed a bulb somewhere along the way. Would you please share how you did it with me? Thank you. Rev. Miller

Okay, FYI , after buying 2 [ yes, 2 ] different repair manuals and reading the owner's manual, I still wasn't told how to do it. After talking to the owner of a Tow Service, he suggested that after removing the 2 bolts on the rightside of the left tail light and the little brass nut on the inside, that I gently pry the pointed end of the light assembly, with a cloth covered flat bladed screwdriver and guess what? After tilting the light assembly by pulling the right side of it towards me, I was able to insert the screwdriver around the light assembly, at the pointed part, the part closest to the driver and BINGO, it slid right out. YEA. I know that that's a heck of a way to explain it but when your trying to get something off of a car, without breaking it, it helps people like me to hear every bit of what has to be done. Thanks everyone for at least reading about my problem and maybe this answer will eventually help someone else. justnakenny

justnakenny
07-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Now I really feel stupid or whatever, it's a 97 prizm, not a 91 like I posted it as. Anyway that was what I had to do, to get the tail light assembly off, so maybe it will help somebody else, somewhere along the way.

Add your comment to this topic!