Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

another try....280 owners need some help!

redneckshen
06-25-2005, 05:11 AM
had another thread bout this but have more questions now. lookin to get a 280 and doin the rb25 swarp or rb26 if it will fit w/o going rhd. i jus need to talk to some ppl who have done it to see what im gettin myself into. im honestly too much of a slacker and jacked on my pain meds most the time to have the attention span to be browsin the net for hours on end while i look for my answers.

what i need to know:

rb 25 or rb26 (is it easily done with left hand drive if at all)
what am i going to need to do the swap other than basic stuff like motor, tranny, ecu and all of that?
any custom work need to be done other than motor and tranny mounts?
how much am i looking at spending to do a swap all together?

please dont fill up the thread with worthless shit, if anyone has answers or if anyone can point me in the right direction to find out what i need to know it would be greatly appreciated!

k3smostwanted
06-25-2005, 01:06 PM
this was just talked about about a week ago in another thread...

PM SR240Z...he does custom installs at a shop he works at in california. i remember him stating that for the RB25DET, you will need a few parts off of a RB20DET. it wa the oil pan and few other things on the bottom of the motor. something about the RB25 was front sump and the RB20 was rear sump and you need the rear sump.

you will need custom motor mounts and stuff like that so there will need to be quite a bit of fabricating and modifying to get it in there. but that is with any motor swap and it should be expected.

anyways, liek gringo said...go over to hybridZ and ask the guys over there...i dont think anybody has done a RB25 in a 280zx over here and there is bound to be one guy over there.

good luck...

redneckshen
06-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Glad your honest and admit your a slacker and high on pain pills. Most of the noobe's are just to dumb or lazy to look and by the sounds of there questions high on coke.

Now so we don't beat this question to death, and being your a slacker and high on pain pills and don't feel like looking for the answer, I suggest you go to this site see if you can find your answer.

http://forums.hybridz.org/

If this doesn't help, maybe you could come back here and convence a few members you have a problem and the'll do the swap for you.

pain pills make me a slacker, but i cant stop taking them or i will be in pain 24/7 from the nice back and neck injuries i got during a car wreck back in october. that and i figure if i sit here lookin for my answers on the net while nice and doped from the meds that i am going to interpret something wrong, not get the info i need and think that i did, or something stupid along thoes lines.

thanks for the help guys!

DeleriousZ
06-26-2005, 12:49 PM
that sucks man, did you at least get a good settlement out of it?

redneckshen
06-26-2005, 11:40 PM
naw, i just finished up my 3rd physical therapy place that still didnt help and caused me even more pain. gotta go to lawyer sometime soon and talk to him bout gettin the guys insurance to settle so i can move on with my life instead of dealing with all of the bullshit i am right now. wreck was back on oct 13 04 so been lil over 8 months now that ive been down and out. finally quit the job i was at a few weeks ago that i was on medical leave from and doc said i cant go back to doing that crap cuz ill hurt myself worse and have to have surgery (which is probably gonna be done in a few years as it is). its all pretty gay, turned 20 back in feb after my accident so now im a 20year old with back and neck probs...

Add your comment to this topic!