Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speed limit in neighbourhood or parking lot?

INF3RN0666
06-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey,

What is the speed limit in a neighbourhood or parking lot in Ontario, Canada? I think I heard something like 15km/hr for a parking lot and 40km/hr on a neighbourhood street with housing on both sides.

The reason I'm asking is because my neighbours are a bunch of anal dipshits who sit together and watch everyone who goes down the road. They think that I'm speeding down the neighbourhood road even though I never hit 40 km/hr, but my engine makes it sounds like i'm doing 60 km/hr. My nosey neighbour (a different one from the anal ones) overheard that they are planing to report me to the proper authorities, which I find quite entertaining, but I'm not in the mood to start fighting with a bunch of low lifes. Can someone tell me the speed limit in order for me to avoid having to shit on someone's doorstep?

INF3RN0666
06-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Oh, I might want to point out that it's a private street called Quigg Private. I don't know of that makes a difference but my dad told me the speed limit is 10km/h, which is rediculous IMO.

Igovert500
06-25-2005, 12:44 PM
You don't have speed limit signs in Canada???
Every single road, and half our parking lots here have speed limit signs like every 100 yards.

drunken monkey
06-25-2005, 09:33 PM
i find it astonishing that they let people who don't know speed limits on 'normal' roads drive.
aren't there something like set/standard speeds on particular types of roads?

INF3RN0666
06-26-2005, 09:38 AM
LOL, what are you trying to say hotshot?

It seems to me like you're the one who doesn't know the standard speed limits. But just to let you know, a street with housing on both sides has a speed limit of 40 unless otherwise indicated. A street with housing on one side has a speed limit of 50 unless otherwise indicated.

Now, if you knew how to read, I was asking for the speed limit of a private street (hence, Quigg Prv). If you ask me, nobody seems to know what that speed limit is. I assumed it was fourty, but my neighbours seem to think it's much lower than that.

INF3RN0666
06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
LOL, btw. Canada has speed limits every so many meters, or after an intersection. However, my road doesn't have a speed limit but has the ending "Private", which may have something to do with the max speed limit. Other streets which have multilanes but no posted speed limit, you must follow the guidelines posted above.

drunken monkey
06-26-2005, 10:54 AM
hotshot?
is that a vague attempt at trying to mock me?
and why would someone who doesn't reside in cananda know or care about speed limits that exist there?

anyway.
a street with housing on both sides has a speed limit of 40 unless otherwise indicated. A street with housing on one side has a speed limit of 50 unless otherwise indicated.

and you've already answered your own question.

INF3RN0666
06-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Do you even read the full post? My question had nothing to do with regular roads. It has to do with private roads. I dunno how many times I have to repeat that to get it across to you.

By the way, I'm not mocking you, but I am pointing out that you jump to stupid conclusions without even reading my question properly. You must think that you're better than everyone. What gave you the impression that I don't know the general speed limit?

andr3w
06-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Do you even read the full post? My question had nothing to do with regular roads. It has to do with private roads. I dunno how many times I have to repeat that to get it across to you.

By the way, I'm not mocking you, but I am pointing out that you jump to stupid conclusions without even reading my question properly. You must think that you're better than everyone. What gave you the impression that I don't know the general speed limit?

calm down dude, we dont have this sort of thing in the US like you do. find out who owns the street (if it's private afterall) and ask them

or try asking your nosy neighbours

highteknology
06-30-2005, 02:48 PM
if it was a private road i would lower the speed limit to the equivalant of 5 MPH (that's in the US) to slow you down. when i drove on it it would be 60 MPH. just ask the owners of the road, simple solution

Add your comment to this topic!