Page updated on 08-18-2018

egr valve replacement

hbu_dog
06-24-2005, 10:06 AM
I have a 1996 mx-6 LS. When I turn the car on or come to a complete stop the engine sputters. This also happens when traveling a slow speeds. The engine light is on as well. I was told that the code for the engine light is coming up as a bad egr valve. Sometimes while at a complete stop when the sputtering occurs there is a boiled egg smell, which makes me think it is coming from the catalytic converter. When driving at normal speeds the car runs great. Does anyone know if these are symptoms of a bad egr valve or something else, like the catalytic converter? If I have to replace something I don't want to make a costly mistake.

outlaw420
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Judging by what you are saying i agree with the EGR valve. I have had problems with the sort of thing in the past. I do not believe it is your Cat.

MytoyMx6
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
you can buy a new EGR which is expencive or get a used but working one from someone on Probetalk.com or Mx6.com. its kinda a pain to replace it. it easiest if you pull your Intake Mani, and intake off. thats the hardest part.

Add your comment to this topic!