Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No one can fix my cruise control on my 99 Crown Vic

Pittwoman
06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
I have had my '99 Crown Vic in the shop 6-7 times, trying to get my cruise control fixed. Is anyone aware of known problems with the cruise control in these cars? A switch in the steering wheel was replaced and a new servo? (not sure if that's right) put in. Help!!!!

cobradude360
06-24-2005, 11:50 AM
does your horn and air bag still work or is you air bag light on ans flashing? im willing to guess its a clock spring

Pittwoman
06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
I have had my '99 Crown Vic in the shop 6-7 times, trying to get my cruise control fixed. Is anyone aware of known problems with the cruise control in these cars? A switch in the steering wheel was replaced and a new servo? (not sure if that's right) put in. Help!!!!

The horn works and the air bag light is not on. Should there be a light that comes on on the dash when the cruise control is turned on? Because no light has ever come on, even when it was working intermittently.

way2old
06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Check pins 6 and 10 on the cruise control servo. These are ground pins for the cruise. Use an ohm meter co test continuity to ground. Also check to be sure all cables are routed properly.

way2old
06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Check pins 6 and 10 on the cruise control servo. These are ground pins for the cruise. Use an ohm meter to test continuity to ground. Also check to be sure all cables are routed properly. Check the stop light switch for proper operation.

djgdjg
08-19-2005, 01:59 PM
hope i can help we just fixed a 1999 crown vic today with the same problems. our fix was the deactiontor switch, on shop key the wiring diagram shows it under the brake fluid reservoir this was wrong on our crown vic. on 1998 and above it is under dash on the brake pedal support it will be on the left side it will not be the brake pedal position switch. the wires colors will be orange and Lt grn/red. to make sure this is it undo the switch plugin and jump the switch with a jumper wire and test drive. caution!!!!! with this because the cruise will work and the only way to turn it off is to hit the off switch on steering wheel as the brake pedal will not shut it off. be carefull!!!!! the part is dealer only about 16.00 to 33.00 dollars hope this helps have a good day dennis

Hollowcreek
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
There was a recall on one of the cruise control deactivation switches causing vehicles to catch fire. I think it was the one that is out by the master cylinder. Make sure you get the proper replacement.

Add your comment to this topic!