Page updated on 11-20-2017

95 Cougar Voltage Regulator

BruinMike
06-24-2005, 02:15 AM
I've got a 95 Cougar with a 4.6L that doesn't seem to be charging. After taking the advice of an knowledgable person I put the AC on, fan on high, head lights on bright, turned on the radio and measured the voltage from the Alternator and the battery neg post. Flat 12V so I concluded the regulator is bad and found a regulator online. Cool, cheaper than an alternator, and I've go insttuctions in my Chiltons manual on how to replace it. Problem is that it doesn't tell me where the regulator is!!!!! Can anyone help me with this?

DaveW79
06-26-2005, 01:43 AM
I've got a 95 Cougar with a 4.6L that doesn't seem to be charging. After taking the advice of an knowledgable person I put the AC on, fan on high, head lights on bright, turned on the radio and measured the voltage from the Alternator and the battery neg post. Flat 12V so I concluded the regulator is bad and found a regulator online. Cool, cheaper than an alternator, and I've go insttuctions in my Chiltons manual on how to replace it. Problem is that it doesn't tell me where the regulator is!!!!! Can anyone help me with this?

I believe it's a part of the alternator and on the outside for this model. (some are inside which case you just change the entire alternator) Let me know...

BruinMike
06-26-2005, 02:26 AM
I believe it's a part of the alternator and on the outside for this model. (some are inside which case you just change the entire alternator) Let me know...

Thanks, thats exactly where it was. Charging nicely now!

Add your comment to this topic!