Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My night was worth getting pulled over. heh

Xtreme_098
06-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Went out today and filled it up hoping something would find me. Right as I leave the gas station a friend of mine called me and said he had some races set up and wanted me to come over. He drives a 98 Eclipse with an HKS intake and HKS turbo cams (NA engine though). He had two of his friends with him (Civic with catback and CRX with catback). We went out and I raced them one after another. It was a joke because I got tired of wasting gas after beating them a couple of times and dealing with their excuses. I got a call from my ex and stayed in the parking lot of a middle school we were next to. By the way this school is in the middle of nowhere with some new suburbs around it. They all leave trying to recreate the fast and furious but I stayed behind to talk to Candace. Well anyway about 10 or 15 seconds after they are out of sight two cops pull into the parking lot and start asking me questions about racing and if I was speeding. One of them tried to say he was going to give me a ticket for speeding and wreckless driving even though when they saw me I was parked in a parking lot. Anyway, they left shortly after and now im here posting this pointless thread.

I drive a 2000 v6 and I kicked their asses with an automatic after hearing them lecture me on how I had 20% power loss because it was an auto. They left without saying anything after a couple of races. (shrugs)

83whiteramvan
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
first of all take it to the track JACK! your the dumbass reason why so many of us have to pay high insurance premiums!

Xtreme_098
06-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I wish I could. Im not a supporter of street racing but there isn't a track close enough. It might sound hypocritical to say I hate street racing then tell stories about it but it fuels my passion.

Muscletang
06-25-2005, 12:01 AM
first of all take it to the track JACK! your the dumbass reason why so many of us have to pay high insurance premiums!

He didn't say where he raced. It could of been on a crowded highway or on an empty backroad for all we know. He raced a few people, that's it. If I were you, I'd be sure not to take that attitude into the street racing forum.

Future303
06-25-2005, 02:56 AM
V6 = yuck (unless it's SC'd or Turboed)
Auto = yuck (Unless it's built up)

Sorry man LOL but seriously, I got no issues with V6's, or even 4 bangers for that matter, speed isn't everything, but there's few stock engines that are naturally aspirated which can say they are performance oriented, and the Mustang ain't got'em.

On the bright side, you stayed talking to a chick, which is a-ok :iceslolan

351wStang
06-25-2005, 09:27 AM
there's few stock engines that are naturally aspirated which can say they are performance oriented

427SOHC :smokin:

Xtreme_098
06-26-2005, 02:36 PM
I wanted a v6 actually. Everyone thinks a mustang should be v8 so my project is to change a few minds. The automatic part I regret.

fmfgnarly
06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
You might want to take a lok at moranav6racing.com

Future303
06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Any car can be made fast provided you are willing to drop $$$ on it.

A nice Supercharger/Turbo would put you ahead of stock V8 Mustang, and will have you running with the mild bolt on ones. However, the SC/Turbo is expensive and you still don't get to enjoy the V8 rumble.

If you want to safely run any higher than 9psi, then you need to upgrade the Internals. If you're gonna go to this lenght, you might as well have done it with a V8, same work, same $$ and a lot more result :D

Xtreme_098
06-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I understand what your saying. Theres also other factors. Some people could argue the weight difference. Some could argue the gas mileage difference. Theres a lot of reasons between choosing a v6 and a v8. I just don't think v6 owners should get as much hell as they (myself included) do. What about the 4 banger mustangs. I've never payed much attention to the subject but unless im being ignorant they are out there.

Future303
06-28-2005, 11:07 AM
I understand what your saying. Theres also other factors. Some people could argue the weight difference. Some could argue the gas mileage difference. Theres a lot of reasons between choosing a v6 and a v8. I just don't think v6 owners should get as much hell as they (myself included) do. What about the 4 banger mustangs. I've never payed much attention to the subject but unless im being ignorant they are out there.

I can't speak for others, but in my case, I have no problems with I4's or V6's at all. Some of them can be quite powerful (Like the DSM's, which are 4 bangers yet capable of doing low 12's with minor mods).

What bothers me is specifically the Mustang V6. For some reasons (probably to save money) 80's and 90's Mustangs had been coming off the factory severly restricted (with most V6's topping out at 160hp and most V8's at 225hp). This is around 100hp less than competitors with the same type of Engines (V6/V8's).

Anyone that wants to go fast on a Mustang KNOWS they will have to do some major modding to it. Even the 80's/90's Cobras were underpowered whales IMO, only after 2000 did the Mustang start catching up, and really the only 2 Mustang I would consider fast off the factory are the 03/04 Cobras and the 05 GT.

With that said, if you get a Mustang for the look and don't care about speed, then the V6 is perfect for you. if you want to go fast, starting from a V6 is gonna be a long horrible expensive climb (only way to even see 300hp on a Mustang V6 is Forced Induction), and you still don't get to enjoy the V8 perks (Low End Torque, that low grumble, especially with Muffler/Pipe)

lckycharm713
06-28-2005, 03:18 PM
as a v6 mustang owner, theres no room for you talk crap about v8s. im getting a kick out of this. v6 is the girly car. yeah i own one, but you dont race it. put on a set of nice rims, tint the windows, and enjoy your ride. and why are you racing civics. thats makes you as retarted as they are. so tell us, did you impress Candace?

Muscletang
06-28-2005, 05:18 PM
The V6 Mustangs should be shown respect because they are the reason the Mustang won the pony car wars. Yes it's true, by '98 or '99 V6 Mustangs were selling more than both the Camaros and Firebirds combined.

Ace$nyper
06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
it is odd to know that such a beloved car was saved by 16 year olds wanting a cute yellow stang.

I must say I do thank them greatly i'd give my right arm for a 05 GT *as long as its auto tehe*

Xtreme_098
07-01-2005, 12:58 AM
as a v6 mustang owner, theres no room for you talk crap about v8s. im getting a kick out of this. v6 is the girly car. yeah i own one, but you dont race it. put on a set of nice rims, tint the windows, and enjoy your ride. and why are you racing civics. thats makes you as retarted as they are. so tell us, did you impress Candace?

Where did I "talk crap about v8's"? Didn't I say I would rather have one? Don't tell me what you can and can't race. Don't steriotype cars. I don't just race civics, I just thought that was funny the was they acted. Yea I didn't tell Candace about it .. it wasn't important to her.

wafflebrains
07-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Take a '05 V6, drop 4v heads on. Maybe some new cams, a tune and your looking at 300+ HP for only a couple grand.

Xtreme_098
07-03-2005, 12:55 AM
If your talking about buying the car or just a motor swap you might be looking at more than a couple of grand.

wafflebrains
07-03-2005, 01:11 AM
It's not a motor swap. Your just dropping Cosworth 4v heads on.

Future303
07-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Take a '05 V6, drop 4v heads on. Maybe some new cams, a tune and your looking at 300+ HP for only a couple grand.

Ok, take a 05 V6, which is a brand spankin' new car, so the only way he'll find a 05 V6 Engine is to hope to find a wreck he can have access to, or to pull one out of a used (and I use the term loosely) 05 V6 'Stang.

Then he needs to find 4v Heads (which I think are not even made for a V6, correct me if I'm wrong) and a "couple" of Custom Cams, and with all that he may be lucky to get 270hp at the crank for it.

You couldn't even do anything similar on a 5.0L for "2 grand" (Buy core block, $300 if lucky. Rebuilt to new specs, $1000, get a set of GT40 Heads with a good Port job, $500, then a Custom Cam $250, Cobra Intake $300)

THAT may yield 300hp at the Crank at it only cost $2350 :p, and that's considered a mild combo LOL

wafflebrains
07-04-2005, 02:37 PM
The Cosworth heads are native to Europe. People would pop them on the 2.7L V6's around there and they could pull 300hp N/A easy. Now, think what you could do with a 4.0, granted, you'd need forged internals if you wanted to get anywhere past the 300-350hp mark.

King Of Crunk
07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
bottom line.....nice cars all about getting the CHICKS!!! :iceslolan :icon16:

DVS LT1
07-07-2005, 12:08 PM
The V6 Mustangs... are the reason the Mustang won the pony car wars... by '98 or '99 V6 Mustangs were selling more than both the Camaros and Firebirds combined.

Gross generalization I'd say. I won't argue the sales figures though.

Demonhunter
07-10-2005, 05:53 AM
an FYi- the most recent V-6 models started back in 94 and they were turds. before that the base model stang was a 4 banger and before that in the early 80s it was a 6 again.
ohh and a fox body stang weighs ALOT less than you Sn-95. So they werent boats or whatever you called them.

Perosnally i wouldnt waste my time with a 6 if i bought it for prefomance. For less cash as stated before the 8cyl dollar for dollar would whip a smaller displacment 6 every single time. dont lie to yourself and try to justify your buying of a v-6. if you wanted gas mileage buy a 4 banger and you werent that serious about speed anyways.

GTStang
07-10-2005, 01:02 PM
What bothers me is specifically the Mustang V6. For some reasons (probably to save money) 80's and 90's Mustangs had been coming off the factory severly restricted (with most V6's topping out at 160hp and most V8's at 225hp). This is around 100hp less than competitors with the same type of Engines (V6/V8's).

Anyone that wants to go fast on a Mustang KNOWS they will have to do some major modding to it. Even the 80's/90's Cobras were underpowered whales IMO, only after 2000 did the Mustang start catching up, and really the only 2 Mustang I would consider fast off the factory are the 03/04 Cobras and the 05 GT.

Ok here is where I'm going to agree and disagree some:

First Ford never did nor never will care that much about the base Mustang performance. The V6/I4 Mustangs are the work horse in sales and allow Ford to build the GT's and Cobra's. Without the Base the GT/Cobra sales would def not be enough money to support the line by a long shot. If Ford starting increasing the hp in the base it would raise the price and start to hurt sales.

Second the late 80's 5.0 making 225hp 300ft/lbs for $15,000 was no slouch by any means. By today's standards it's lousy but the car was not made today or even a couple years ago, this was a car started 18 years ago! By the end of the Fox-body run, no the 5.0 was long in the tooth and behind it's main competitor the F-body LT-1. But to call them underpowered whales I think shows a lack of understanding history and things going on at the time. It doesn't take major mods or major money to put a 5.0 stick car into mid 13's. That right there makes it run wit almost all of you $30,000 and under cars of today.

Growing pains:94-98

Now the SN-95 Mustangs specifically the 94-95 5.0 were done really as an after thought. Ford originally planned to have the Probe be the next Mustang after 93. God save us all they changed their minds. But because of this The chassis/body was done quickly and the venerable 5.0 drivetrain was thrown in for only two years.

Once Ford again saw the Mustang as a viable car they started to bother doing the work to help keep it so it would be around. This meant putting in the Mod Motor in 96. The Mod motor in it's infancy sucked let's be honest.... but let's be honest also, if Ford had not gone that route the Mustang would be dead as the F-body. The Mod motor allowed Ford to keep the car a cheaper price and give you better interior and other things which allowed sales to increase while the F-body sales plummeted till it was no longer a viable car to make.

99-now: The Future is looking bright...

Every year wit age like ever other motor the Mod motor power and performance is getting better and better. It's the natural state of things. Without the early tough years of the Mod motor we would not be able to enjoy the performance we are seeing now. The Mustang would be as dead as the F-body.

The point of my ramblings here is Ford was not out to screw you. You need to understand the history and climate of things going on to get the full picture. According to you back when the gas cruch hit and the big 3 stopped making Muscle Cars they were assholes. They are not assholes cause if gas hit $10 a gallon today we would all either be not driving our V8 Stangs or we'd be selling them. And now way we would be buying new one's wit V8's!!! So what is Ford and the rest suppose to do then? See so hp and what a car company does is effected by a lot of external things beyong the car companies control.

Muscletang
07-10-2005, 03:32 PM
GTStang that was typed so well I think I'll have to call :bs: and say you copied it off of a site somewhere.

I'd like to add a few things in though to help your argument.

The V6 Mustang is, as you said, what carries the Mustang line. The V6 is a reason the Mustang won the pony car wars. By '98 or '99 yearly V6 Mustang sales were more than all the Camaro and Firebird yearly sells.
So why make the thing stronger? If I'm at Ford and my V6 Mustang is selling like crazy why should I up the power and the cost when it's doing fine as it is?

As for the 5.0 the thing is a monster. People now think it's slow but Ford had to tie an arm around its back. When the 5.0s were in their prime Ford had to look out for CAFE regulations on the energy market. At the time the gas crunch was still in the back of people's minds and Ford's too.

Also, the days of huge muscle cars seemed dead to most and putting power into a V8 old. As GTStang said, this is when Ford and Mazda started to talk about booting the Mustang out and putting in the Probe as a high performance 4 banger to go against the Japanease market. Thank god that never happened.

Anyway, Ford did things that made the 5.0 a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. One of the big things was putting 2.73 gears in the rear. If you think the 5.0 is slow then put a 2.73 rear in your car and see how it does against it. Anyway, at the time 3.08 gears were the highest you could get in that car from the factory. This has made a magazine or two claim that the LX could run 13s from the factory with just slicks. Whether this is true or not will probably never be truely known.

As I said Ford had to look out for energy regulations. The 5.0 is a good engine but it was de-tuned. If Ford really wanted to they could of opened the thing up and really made it scream down the highway.

I won't add anything to GTStangs comment about the '94 through '98 years. It wasn't the best time for Mustang fans. Between '96 and '97 sales were slipping for the GT and it looked like the Camaro might pull ahead. The V6 sales were good and holding but the GTs seemed to be falling. I'll just say that the Mustang was trying to find itself during these years and in '99 it did.

Ford addressed 3 problems with the Mustang: handling, performance, and looks. In '99 the power was bumped up, the handling made better, and looks much better. After that was done Mustang sales ran away from the competition.

Anyway, that's just my little :2cents: and information I got from my Mustang book.

Demonhunter
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
""Even the 80's/90's Cobras were underpowered whales IMO""

ohh and by the way , the svt cobra didnt start until the 93 year model. there were no cobras from the craptastic cobra 2 in the 70s till 93. The 93 put down 240hp but ppl say ford underated it by a bit.

Future303
07-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Well, I guess I am just sore that even with my current mods, the best I can do is barely run with a stock Camaro SS and get my ass whooped by a mildly modified one.

Next year's upgrade to the Twin Turbos should fix that problem, but the 95 Should have had better stuff from the beginning.

Here's what I would have envisioned for that year:

1. SN95 Body stays the same

2. Base Pony model to come with a I4 capable of 160hp.

3. GT Model to come with V6 capable of 215hp.

4. Cobra model to feature the V8 with 300hp.

Sort of what they're doing now with the 05, except I still like the early SN95 style better LOL

Add your comment to this topic!