Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

starts in all gears

EZFrank
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
My friends integra is having some problems he can start the car in any gear and car wont stall and just sits there reving it up and wont go i think maybe slave cylinder or could it be the clutch? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

teg94
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
u couldnt start the car if it was the clutch .. and u should be able to start u car in any gear...

pepsihatman
06-22-2005, 10:48 PM
If the clutch is engaged, the car should not start. If the clutch is depressed then you should be able to start it, no matter what gear the shifter is in. There is a clutch switch that checks to see if you have to clutch pushed in before it lets you start the car.

EZFrank
06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
yes i know you could start the car in any gear if you push down the clutch pedal but we aint pushing down on it and the car is in 1st gear and he starts it up or in any gear with out pushing pedal down he can start the car and wont stall just keeps reving and when he shifts into gear it still runs with out stalling i am going to check slave cylinder cause pedal also goes down to the floor and wont come back up.

Add your comment to this topic!