Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Impala 2003 Warning Chimes

airjet59
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
My 2003 Impala will not stop with the warning chimes. I pulled the fuse, the chime is tied to the radio. After replacing the fuse, the chimes still sound!!! It is driving me crazy. Is there any way to SHUT the CHIMES OFF!!! There is no message in the message center, no interior lights light up. WHAT CAN I DO???

bermis519
06-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Well to make it tolerable, is you push and hold the number six on the radio for like 7 seconds, it will quiet down the chime. Try disconnecting the negative side of your battery, maybe that will reset it. I really don't know what it could be...but this is something to try....

mike

bigrod118
06-22-2005, 06:44 PM
hey bermis when would you hold down the #6 on the radio, becuase holding those numbers down will set radio stations, so do you have to listen to a cd, or just have the radio off, because while I dont have any problems, I dont like those chimes and idiot buzzers either, my last car I found the part that controlled all of those noises and ripped it out

scotonfire
06-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Make sure your emergency brake is disengaged. If it is even slightly engaged the warning chime will continuously sound when you put the car in gear.

Add your comment to this topic!