Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dash lights out

nick25
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
instrument light work fine, but all the dash lights for radio, ac, heat don't light up. You can faintly see that they work (tell time/radio station and what not) but at night you can't see anything. car is 2004 accord. I checked all fuses and they are all ok. any thoughts?

AccordCodger
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but did you try turning up the dimmer control? It rotates to the LEFT for brighter (unlike a radio volume control)

nick25
06-30-2005, 08:31 AM
I wish it was the dimmer.

RedCordCoupe
07-03-2005, 06:31 PM
I just had the same problem in my 97 accord. All of the sudden the lights just went out and I couldn't see anything at night. After searching around a while I found that the dash lights go out as a safety measure when your parking lights go out. I would check all the fuses for your lights and see if they are even working. The headlights are on a different fuse so you might not notice at first. Worked for me so I'd at least give it a try.

nick25
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I just had the same problem in my 97 accord. All of the sudden the lights just went out and I couldn't see anything at night. After searching around a while I found that the dash lights go out as a safety measure when your parking lights go out. I would check all the fuses for your lights and see if they are even working. The headlights are on a different fuse so you might not notice at first. Worked for me so I'd at least give it a try.

I pulled every fuse in the car. They all looked fine. I'll check the parking lights, and see if thats the problem. And recheck the fuses you mentioned. Any other ideas?

FWIW all the instrument panel lights work, it's just the digital display for the radio/clock in the middle of the dash.

AccordCodger
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
FWIW all the instrument panel lights work, it's just the digital display for the radio/clock in the middle of the dash.
Oh - that's new. Originally, you said some of the panel lights didn't work (though I missed that and thought NONE of them were working). If it's ONLY the clock that's probably the clock itself.

nick25
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
It's not just the clock light, it's the lights that illuminate the HVAC controls too. The whole center of the dash is black, no light whatsover. The instrument panel lights work fine. This shouldn't be overly complicated, someone has to know what's happening here.

deaz
07-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Have you recently installed a new stereo or had the cover to that area off? There are a bunch of wires that connect into that area. Wouldn't hurt to make sure that they were all secure and fully inserted into their female counterparts.

nick25
08-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Nope, dash has never been apart, no new stereo equipment. This is my girlfriends car, I can assure you she hasn't touched a thing since new.

tingoat247
09-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Try checking your ground wires. I have a 2000 accord and had the same problems. I had a bad ground.

chino17
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
i have the same problem with my 2004 accord, all the dasboard lights are out and none of the fuses seem to be bad but i'm taking my car back to the dealer because its cover by warranty i'll let you know what they say

Mike15
11-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I have a 2000 accord and same thing happened to me actually mine is a bit different, it is only the a/c power increase the temperature and the other option are on.... It's only the a/c power selection (off-1-2-3-4-5) thingy that just went off... i installed a honda cd player but that was a year and half ago. I would assume if that was the problem it woulda gone out a long time ago... if anyone has the answer for this problem let me know

AccordCodger
11-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Actually, Mike15, your problem is COMPLETELY different from the original thread. ANd, old as the thread is, I suggest you start a new one with an explicit description.

Mike15
11-25-2005, 09:59 AM
K accordcodger, i'll start a new thread thanx... as u can see i'm new here.

Add your comment to this topic!