turbo

xXx=BioHazard=xXx
06-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Well here lately ive been checking out stock cars, and their specs. And alot of cars i see most with turbos r AWD. And i cant say ive seen a RWD with turbo stock. r cars with out turbos or superchargers fast too. Like the M3's or the 98-00 stangs(not SVT's just normal coupes or gt's)?
And stock cars without turbos r they harder to put in a turbo?

mason_RsX
06-22-2005, 07:58 AM
well the audi's dont necessarily come with awd, you have to purchase the quattro option so you can get 1 1.8T or 2.8T with fwd (correct me if im wrong)...but the jettas and passats arent awd, both have the turbooption. the Supras werent awd, and neither were the RX7's

but I do see what you mean...cars naturally aspired can be just as fast, you just need more displacement...and the upside to that is your gonna get alot of torque very low that a turbo will have to spool up to make...

Stock cars NA really depends on how well they take boost, you would have to ask specific Nissan/Honda/Ford ect guys how hard a turbo would be to put in a specific car...Generally though it depends on 2 things...1) compression ratio and 2)what the block is made of

CassiesMan
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
cars naturally aspired can be just as fast, you just need more displacement

Only if they are domestic...

Actually, all things consider, of most stock fast cars out there, the faster ones are the NAs.

JekylandHyde
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
RWD turbos/SCs:

Turbo MR2 .... superchargerd MR2
All SAAB's are now turbo ... dunno if any are RWD though.

drftk1d
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
but I do see what you mean...cars naturally aspired can be just as fast, you just need more displacement...and the upside to that is your gonna get alot of torque very low that a turbo will have to spool up to make...

you can have a turbo give lots of down low torque, nobody said they have to spool high to make power.

you can get nearly the same (lets use a hypothetical example) 280 hp out of a n/a I4 as you can an n/a v8, you'll just need the I4 to sacrafice down low torque and have to rev higher to meet the power target but it can be done.

xXx=BioHazard=xXx
06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys for post uve had some good answers.....but i'm confused so even stock cars with out turbos might be able to beat one with?

gti1689
06-22-2005, 03:10 PM
but i'm confused so even stock cars with out turbos might be able to beat one with?

the turbo is not god. a car w/o a turbo CAN beat a car with a turbo. the question is too general. plus it's more impressive (i.e. harder to do) to see N/A cars put up big numbers.

some kids... :lol: :smile:

mason_RsX
06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
you can have a turbo give lots of down low torque, nobody said they have to spool high to make power.

you can get nearly the same (lets use a hypothetical example) 280 hp out of a n/a I4 as you can an n/a v8, you'll just need the I4 to sacrafice down low torque and have to rev higher to meet the power target but it can be done.

Thats why I said very low...for example the Evo generate most torque at 3500, which is quite low for a 4banger...but its now VERY low

and GTI I see what your thinking, but if you take the exact same car, drop the compression ratio and boost it, you should be faster...you might not win a LeMans race but you gonna get more power without alot more weight

GritMaster
06-23-2005, 04:17 AM
*Cough* Semi trucks *Cough*

They don't make their torque at high RPMS :P

Right_LiRrr
06-23-2005, 07:15 AM
but i'm confused so even stock cars with out turbos might be able to beat one with?

A stock car with forced induction is not necessarily meant to be fast. The manufacturer used a turbo just because it was the best way to get some power. There are plenty of turbocharged cars which are slow as hell, the Smart car being one of them.

What matters in the end is how much horsepower is being put to the wheels. It doesn't matter if the power is coming from turboes or hamsters.

CivRacer95
06-23-2005, 08:19 AM
There are plenty of turbocharged cars which are slow as hell, the Smart car being one of them.

The other is the WRX...:evillol:

Right_LiRrr
06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
The other is the WRX...:evillol:

hahahahahaha....

fuck you:crying:

gti1689
06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
awwww, but wrx's are so nice. i love those cars...just not over 80. maybe someday i'll buy an old used one and mod the shit out if it,but probably not...:)

and yes, taking the same car, lowering the compression ratio, and putting on a turbo will result in a faster car.

mason_RsX
06-23-2005, 11:12 AM
*Cough* Semi trucks *Cough*

They don't make their torque at high RPMS :P

*cough* I never said anything about a diesel...diesels make all their torque at low rpm's anyways, thats just how a diesel works, if you took their turbo out it would still make oodles of low end torque compared to its gasoline equivilant...so yes turbo diesels make low end torque, but diesels inherintly make low end torque nonetheless *cough*

and diesels don't make anything at high RPM's :lol:

street_racer_00
06-23-2005, 12:21 PM
and diesels don't make anything at high RPM's :lol:
Diesels don't HAVE high RPMs :nono:

mason_RsX
06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Diesels don't HAVE high RPMs :nono:

:banghead: :banghead:
WHY DOES NOBODY GET MY JOKES!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

thats my point!!! thats y I put the lauging smiley cause they dont have high rpms!!! grrrrrrrr

PWRDbyUNCLEbens
06-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Unless you consider 4000rpms...high? HORRAY!! FOR GEARS

youngvr4
06-24-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks guys for post uve had some good answers.....but i'm confused so even stock cars with out turbos might be able to beat one with?

This Car is Turbo Charged

http://www.carandpeople.com/images/allcar/volkswagen/new%20beetle/newbeetle1.jpg

THIS CAR IS NOT

http://nfs.hosted.game7.de/nfs2/fahr/nfs2-mclaren-f1.jpg

-The Stig-
06-24-2005, 04:06 AM

http://www.carandpeople.com/images/allcar/volkswagen/new%20beetle/newbeetle1.jpg

THIS CAR IS NOT

Way to think outside the box... :rofl:

youngvr4
06-24-2005, 01:19 PM
lol

TatII
06-24-2005, 01:43 PM

THIS CAR IS NOT

now imagine the F1 being quad turbo. with fully forged internals reving to 10K!! then we'll have around 1500hp!!! FI ownz you!!!

Add your comment to this topic!