Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about 93 Integra GS

Psman32@af
04-19-2002, 10:38 PM
My friend has a 93 Integra GS manual trans. He asked me what he could do to make it faster, I gave him a few things but I said I dont know much about imports, which is why I'm asking you guys. He suggested a turbo and i suggested an engien swap first, I was wondering what oyu guys thought, there is a budget of around 7 grand. So let me know what you think what he could get, and what kind of power and number it would make.

SleeperTeg
04-20-2002, 08:01 AM
I/H/E is always a good place to start. It really depends on what he want to do with it. Does he just want speed or would he like better handling along with that? Tell him to figure out what he wants and tell him to get on this board and look around. Read ppls posts will give him idea of what to look at.

Marc-OS
04-20-2002, 01:25 PM
I think an engine swap would be a good place to start. That way you have the increase in HP from the new engine, and adding a turbo later will give you even more HP. If you shop smart and do a lot of the work yourself, I think you could get an engine swap and a turbo.

fatherben
04-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I'd drop a b18c1 from a gsr which will get you 170 hp. This would be an easy swap and wont even require a swap kit. It would also be more reliable than a turbo. After the swap he could consider slappin a turbo into his gs-r engine which would give him a much larger reward than slappin a turbo on a gs.

Rgacke
04-21-2002, 11:20 PM
well first your friend needs a game plan, then needs to totally emerse himself in mags/clubs/sites/AF and get as much info as possiable before spending 7K and then kicking himself afterwards. I would turbo the engine the right way and spred the rest of the money over other parts of the car afterwards.

Add your comment to this topic!