Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Multiple problems with my Isuzu Rode 1993(V6) ....please help

avraajan
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi guys

This is my first post to this forum. I like this forum very much, almost have gone through most of the messages related to isuzu rodeo. These are the probllms i am facing with my isuzu rodeo 1993(V6 4x4). 100k miles on it.

1. When I bought this suv, it used to start very easily, but now when i start, it cranks for a extended time before starting. This happens most of the times, but some times it starts easily. Just for your information, i changes my alternator recently,( i think with a non oem one), the battery is perfect and fine, fully charged(i am a battery engineer, so this is the only part i know well in the cars). Please let me know why it cranks for a long time before starting.

2. When I dive in an uneven road surface, i hear a light screech comming from the bottom of my suv. Is it from not proper lubrication of the shock absorbers or something else?

3. When I turn the steering all the way to right or left, I hear a thump(or tick) sound from the bottom of the suv, what is this due to ?

Hi experts please help me, eagerly waiting for you replies.

thank you

gatorlove
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
i had the same problem with your first question. Check your spark plug wires one by one and see if there is any oil in the chamber. i had oil going in there and i had to change my valve cover gasket and it fixed the problem for me.

Add your comment to this topic!