Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which Modal Master Metalizer to use...?

Captain Mark
06-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Hi guys,

The only Metalizer type paint I have access to is Model Master. I've done a number of searches, and from the reviews I'm pretty sure I can get the look I'm after from these paints.

To my question...
I've noticed there's quite a number of different types of metalizer in the Model Master range. I want to use one for the silver heat shielding sections on the floor pan of a Formula One car (just below, and on either side of the engine). Although I'm not sure exactly which colour would be best. Can anyone with experience in these paints give me some suggestions on which colour to choose for this job?

The colour charts on the net don't really help, and the bottles themselves don't give anything away. Unfortunately I can't really afford to be buying one of each colour to test with either, so I'm having to resort to the advice of you guys!

Which specific metalizer colour should I choose???

Cheers all,
Mark

sjelic
06-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Aluminium if you ask me, it can be buffed to a nice shine. All others would be to dark if you ask me.

Captain Mark
06-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks sjelic - I was thinking that colour, but then my eyes fell on Bare Metal, Polished Steel... at least I think that's what they were called... and then I basically got worried about picking the wrong one. At AUS$8.00 -ish a bottle, I don't want to make too many wrong choices.

MPWR
06-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Aluminium is most 'correct', as that is what's used for the shielding. But for heat shielding, BMF or aluminum foil glued down with foil glue will look much better.

Fkouch
06-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Aluminium is most 'correct', as that is what's used for the shielding. But for heat shielding, BMF or aluminum foil glued down with foil glue will look much better.

What he said. BMF will look miles better. If you need texture, cigarette foil is great aswell.

Cheers

Farrokh

RallyRaider
06-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, like MPWR posted, go with some BMF. A nice as MM Metalizers are they aren't the best way to go in this instance. Besides, BMF should be a part of every modellers armory. Try it, you'll love it!

Add your comment to this topic!