Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LOOK here.. I have a Q for engine swap.

SkiesThaLimit
04-19-2002, 05:30 PM
I got a Q for yah. Aight I just got my hands on a yummy b16 out of a 97 delsol with 38k on it for 1700.00, thats everything you can think of axles, engine, tranny, ecu all and then some. Now I want to do the swap. Now my knowledge of cars is extensive on hondas but not hands on wise. Meaning I have all the facts but no experience. Also is the 97 delsol obd2? Im sure it is so now what do I do? I got it for a killer price and it is sitting in my basement waiting for its unleashment to my sol. If I go buy a helms n get an engine lift will I be aight? I really would like to say I put it in myself rather then paying someone, so its not a money issue more of a self gratitude thing. I just am in need of some info.... ANYONE's info... Will I be ok with a helms? are there any wiring mods I need to do to it? Mine had sohc vtec so no vtec modding.. thanks for the help fellas...

fatherben
04-21-2002, 08:36 PM
You should be alright.....I would strongly suggest you have a service manual in hand for general engine removal and installation instructions. Im like 99% sure you aren't gonna need to do any modifications because you dont have to for a civic of the same year.

Add your comment to this topic!