Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best time to buy a '05

austinnp
06-20-2005, 07:54 AM
I am looking into getting an 05 accord, but right now they are pretty pricey. I've heard the old saying to buy the previous model right when there rolling the '06's in, is this correct? Anyone know when the 06 accord is due?

Any other buying tips? I am looking into the hybrid v6 model but at 30k it's a bit pricey right now.

curtis73
06-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Anytime between now and when the 06s come out. Sale prices are a way to get you on the lot, but you can make the same deal now as you can two months from now during a sale. In fact, you might be able to get a better deal now than during a sale. Sales whip consumers into an interest frenzy. Like right now, GM is doing that empolyee discount sale. I've never paid that MUCH for a car since better deals can be negotiated. But it whips everyone into a frenzy and they go to the lots.

Once the 06s come out the incentives and interest rates are usually such that you can get an 06 for the same price but lower payments. Once the 06s have been out a few months and the excitement dies, the 05s will be easy to negotiate at or below invoice price, but the selection will suck.

Go on a Saturday afternoon or evening near closing time, buy a price guide that lists invoice price, make an offer somewhere between invoice and sticker that you think is fair (make sure you include option costs on the car you're looking at) and stick to it. If they don't take it, leave and come back next saturday with the same price.

MagicRat
06-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Good post, Curtis, but cold climates, like where I live have another really good time to buy cars.......January and Februrary.
Nobody wants to buy a new car and promply drive it in the salt ans snow, so dealers are really slow at that time of year. A great deal can be negotiated.
The spring and early summer are the worst times to buy in a cold climate because everyone else wants to buy now, and deals are harder to get.

LeBuick
06-22-2005, 02:55 AM
I always heard to get the price off the net then call the fleet dept.

Add your comment to this topic!