Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

things you would like in GT5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dantheman00114
06-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Things that I would like to see are:

Weather
Time Changes (Night/Day)
more than just 6 cars racing at one time
more real life tracks
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini
more le mans series cars (race teams and what not)
le mans series races maybe
F1 races and official cars

what else would you like to see

honda_racing101
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Why did you make two threads for this?

SkylineMan32
06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
We should all post in this then send it to sony!

I want to see:
Bodykits (Real, not that NFSU B.S.)
Wheels that you can change the size on
Real Porsches
Ferrari
Day-Night changes on the endurance races
Sponsorship????
More used cars, as in more european and american cars
Realistic Damage
Visual mods (intercoolers, mufflers, brakes, etc)

BTW I am 58%, would be more, but I had a memory card corruption at 30% and had to restart.

gigglesnirt
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
realistic damage, and even better driving physics are all i need

honda_racing101
06-20-2005, 05:41 PM
And also there should be a drag racing section.

spaminator
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
engine damage
different tire tread patterns
repair costs for damage
more cars in general

dantheman00114
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
in cockpit driving view

gigglesnirt
06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
yea in cockpit view, and also having the ability to play on pc, not that they will do it, but it would be nice.

kfoote
06-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Tire pressure adjustment

ability to adjust suspension setups of each corner of the car rather than just front and back

BRING BACK RED ROCK VALLEY

Other tracks: Bathurst, Spa, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Mosport, Paul Ricard, Macau

Have options for older or different versions of tracks (like Fuji in GT4): Brands Hatch, Zandvoort, Sebring, Oulton Park, Monza, Daytona, VIR, Donnington, Hockenheimring, Assen, A1 ring, Rio de Janeiro

Revive some of the defunct tracks that no longer exist: Riverside, Bridgehampton, Nurburgring Sudschleiffe

More cars per race. 10-12 would be ideal.

Skyline_BNR34
06-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Everything about a real car in vision gran turismo...
Anyhting you can do to a car in Real life should be in GT5... Also a storyline like you start out wih a littl emoney but you drive around looking for races and stuff and then you buy all this stuff and other crap ike real life... Also every car in the world be on here, every model and all the cars that have ever been out in real life on this game...

nicecar
06-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I think you get 50,000 to start and have real prices in the currency of your country.
Have all real stuff from real life.
Including where my dad works.

gigglesnirt
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
i just came up with something, its a little far-fetched, but what about being/having to drive the car to the track across town, but i dont mean like speeding through the streets like 150mph, i just mean normal driving and you can get pulled over, lol, or anything like that, even possibly that certain races only happen at certain times, and you are able to miss the races and wait for next year, week, or wutever.

spaminator
06-22-2005, 03:07 PM
that would be cool but it wouldn't work.

Skateforfood
06-23-2005, 02:18 AM
I like some of the ideas, but having free roaming, body kits makes it more like need for speed.

honda_racing101
06-23-2005, 11:11 AM
i just came up with something, its a little far-fetched, but what about being/having to drive the car to the track across town, but i dont mean like speeding through the streets like 150mph, i just mean normal driving and you can get pulled over, lol, or anything like that, even possibly that certain races only happen at certain times, and you are able to miss the races and wait for next year, week, or wutever.

I really love that idea. I always wished I could drive around the "city" or whatever, and driving normally would be cool, also the idea of having cops is awesome. GT5 SHOULD use something like that.

nicecar
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM

I've always wanted to be able to drive to the tuning shop,wheel shop,etc. etc.
for first car walk to showroom.

chris

gigglesnirt
06-23-2005, 12:09 PM
yea but im not really talking about body kits at all, i mean like, you know when you just bought a new car in real life, and you wanna go out and cruise it, or take it to a deserted road?

Skyline_BNR34
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Make it like NFSU2 but with real crap and stuff and a way better storyline and stuff and That was what I was thnking of havoing to drive toi the tuning shop and make it basically a life of a normal guy who just got out of Racing school and is going ot buy his first car and got money formhis dad, his dad drops him off at a used dealership and he buys a car for less than 20 grand and he buys it an he goes to his house and he calls some of his friends to see what he should do to that car and were are some good street races being held tonight... When they check out his car he has a stock car and he races and itis up to you if he wins or not... He gets some money and he drives ot the shop and he gets some performance parts for his car but you have to go to a garage or your house to install them... When you get more and more moeny you can get moe cars and stuff, also the cops chase you if they know you're a convicted street racer guy and if you spped and pull opver and they give you a ticket and you haveto pay the ticket and stuff... And when you get a rac car for the track you buy a truck and a trailer to trailer it to the races and when it is a Across country one you fly to like Japan and you car goes with you but your little home town is pretty big with a local race tarck like Daytona with aan oval and a raod trsack inside it... Also they have a local dirt track if you start with that... It should be real life cars and damage and when you destroy something you pay to get it fixed and and if your car is totaled you need anoher car... And if you aren't racing but driving around town you can stop in clubs and stuff for a drink and to talk ot other street racers to go out and race... But it is the local hangout fot he racers and stuff...

And when you beat the game the last race is the biggest race of racing like a 24 hours of le mans race and you have to race the FULL 24 hours and when you win that race you are the grand Champion of the world..

Also F1 races agaibnst F1 cars that are basically tuned the same and stuff and their is a schedule to follow and you travel and stuff... You can start your ownrace team and drive or go into B-Spec mode... But when you do that you have to be 75% complete to start doing that because you will be respected and can get alot of money from it... All the types of racing is in this game like in the beginning you pick your favorite type of race like Nascar, F1, NHRA, American Le Mans, or any other Real races and you get richer and start to go into that particular career and you race in that carreer only unless you start a new game or you get 100% in that career...

You pick your favorite and stuff like that and to ge 100% you need to be in the top 5 of that year... Also you get first in that year you win secret cars for that track like some of the first cars on the track and you get to chose what to do is to retire or to go on and start over in another league...

Also you can do anything ot your car that does stuff and Body Kits and stuff...

EVOclipse
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
i think you guys should buy NFSU because this real life street race bullshit is gay, GT is about TRACK racing. being pulled over is lame. and having to drive all over the damn city with a lame ass story in NFSU2 was boring. if you want all these stories and stuff why dont you try that tokico racer or however its spelled, now the ideas for day night or weather are good contructive ideas inline with GT and so are the adding of cars. the body kits is also a good idea because in general the kits arent about looks, theyre about aerodynamics. i also think the addition of more real world tracks would be nice. ebisu and others. and also a drift park and more about drift racing. also again from my other post NO MORE RALLY car hit penalties. in fact maybe some set times or a ghost car instead so theres no contact. that way drivers focus more on time than just not letting the computer pass.

Skyline_BNR34
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Having a story in GT would be good but it would take to long ot complete and I have NFSU:2... I like GT better and I said for parts that actually do stuff for your car...

How about wiht the Rally thing no circuit race because Rally isn't about a circuit...

Basically the rally in GT2 is what real rally is...

Also real tracks inly no fake ones and the weather is a must like if it rains you get rain tires and can only race certain cars and stuff and more real life race teams and stuff...

honda_racing101
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Another one I thought of, more realistic sounding cars. The muscle cars with exhaust dont sounds right, also for the Hondas make a noticable VTEC changover, like we should be able to hear the VTEC kicking in. And realistic burnouts.

gigglesnirt
06-23-2005, 09:14 PM
i think rally should really be changed into something like real rally racing instead of this 1 on 1 rallyx style thing, i knoe people out there race rallyx but it just doesn't seem to work very well with the style of driving the game has, plus make the car more noticable that it has a suspension, i dont know how to explain it but like if i were to cut a corner a little and get over the rumble strip, it doesn't look right, seems like on some of the more amatuer cars it should bounce more, that and all around the driving feel feels a little outdated, even if they redid it in gt4, feels almost the same as gt3.

cantgo2fast
06-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Every Car Ever Made for instance in GT4 u cant buy a new cadillac how much BS is that i think they should put in the ability to start your own racing team. I hate the way the cars sound. Every car with a turbo sounds the same if it has 1000hp or 200Hp and same with NA cars they all sound the same. They should also bring back the "race modifications" from GT2 where u could turn ur souped up car into a full blown race car for like 100grand or sumthin.

BullShifter
06-24-2005, 01:22 AM
They need to add online racing, the computer is too easy and BORING!

In car would be nice

kfoote
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
...plus make the car more noticable that it has a suspension, i dont know how to explain it but like if i were to cut a corner a little and get over the rumble strip, it doesn't look right, seems like on some of the more amatuer cars it should bounce more, that and all around the driving feel feels a little outdated, even if they redid it in gt4, feels almost the same as gt3.
This is actually quite realistic as is. A car with stiffer spring rates will bounce a lot more when it hits a curb than a car with a stock suspension in real life. The stiffer the suspension is, the more hitting a curb will upset the balance of the car. In GT4, the car pitches and rolls a lot more with the softer suspension, as is also true in real life. A couple of weeks ago, racing my stock suspensioned Miata at Lime rock, the car pitched so much under braking at the end of the front straight (which is relatively flat) that all I could see in the rear vier mirror was sky. The stock suspensioned Miatas are a lot easier to drive on and over curbs than a Spec Miata is, simply because the spring rates on the Specs are about 3 times stiffer than what they are stock.

Skyline_BNR34
06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I liked the full blown race car thing in GT2... Make the cars sound real and bring in basically every car from the 50's and over... Make it so you can do custom work on your car and online is way harder than a crappy SI and when you bounce off a car it dosen't bounce like when your pushing a car in the rear and hit it you should slow down and he should mess up... DAMAGE but most likely won't have... Engine swaps, loike if that engine dosen't fit in a real car it can't fit in the game... It needs to be a Real car tuning and real life driving and stuff... Everythig in the game to do to a car you can do it in the game...

gigglesnirt
06-24-2005, 07:01 PM
damage would be good, but unlike forza, where i have had many times were i would have rolled, it doesn't have it, i would like to see cars roll, as rare as it happens in real life, it still does happen.

SHIFT_KA24DE
06-24-2005, 10:11 PM
definitely need some better AI. The fact that you can win every race by rear ending opponents into the dirt or using them as walls... that's a nono.
Opponents that change their style of driving would be nice too... (just imagine an all out drift competition at trial mountain with 6 cars)... uber hot.

btw... don't know if you guys ever played that old japanese game... choroQ. i think it was number 3... for the ps1. You drive to all your shops/garages/tracks/events.... tuning is kept pretty general but car selection is pretty diverse. R34's to toyota 2000gt's to Diesel Buses... only thing is that everything is comical... cartoony... whatever you want to call it. mad fun.

slideways...
06-25-2005, 01:33 AM
you want body kits and stuff go get automodellista
i just want 1 thing
dyno tuning

Skyline_BNR34
06-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Everything in real life should be in this game... How about that...

honda_racing101
06-25-2005, 09:45 PM
:werd:

want a supra
06-26-2005, 10:10 AM
MOTOR SWAPS! And visual upgrades, (if you get new bigger braks or new exhaust your car should show it). and to change the color of your car after you buy it. and aero tuning, as much as I hate to say it body kits.

peter i
06-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I would like suggest a virtual Test lab in the Game !

*Wind Tunnel
*Dyno Test
*Traction Map

EVOclipse
06-26-2005, 04:14 PM
aerokits ....sounds better than body kits.

97SLGT
06-27-2005, 05:49 PM
I think they should just make a game like NFSU2 but with Gran Turismo 4 graphics and real aerokits not that custom made sh*t. Because the NFSU2 graphics sucks ass compare to GT4. Oh yeah and make the sounds actual sound real like engine revving and exhuast turbo all that good stuff. And we should make custom people who look like ourselves. I have alot more to say but I have to go play some TXR3.

nicecar
06-28-2005, 11:39 AM
someone give me the e-mail adress of
1) kazunori yamauchi (the creator)
2) polyphony digital (the producers of the game)
or
3) sony's e-mail.

ThatRoundHeadedKid
07-02-2005, 02:58 AM
realistic damage, and even better driving physics are all i need

try Enthusia for driving physics.

The damage will never come. The manufacturers and owners don't want to see their cars getting wrecked deliberately, that's how they do damage points, crashing real cars to get the physics, break points etc. Imagine them crashing all 600+ of those cars in GT4, that's a shit lod of money, not only that, but the price of the game will jump from $50 to like $5000.

They can also use some minor details like reverse lights, and horns hehehe, hazard and tuning signals, and even windshield wipers. The game I liked alot was Need For Speed: High Stakes and Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero, you can always turn on or off the headlights, high-beams, turning signals and hazards at your discretion. Some more cars would be nice, I didn't understand why they didn't put the Volvo R linup in there, or even the BMW M6. I think they could also have put cars such as the Jag XJs and the BMW 7-series and the Mercedes S-class to get some luxury automobile races, and maybe SUVs like the Mercedes Gelandewagen to get off-road challenges, like the G-Wagon Vs the Range Rover or something.

they also should've added some of your everyday weathering road obstructions in the game. Like bumps, little dips in the road etc. No road is ever that smooth, no where.

There are many things they can add to make it even more real, but it also has to do with their budget. On average, it takes videogame companies $16-20 million per game to make, which includes the actors, stunts, motions, technology, mass-production, licensing is one of the biggest killers

Also, hasn't anyone noticed in GT3 and GT4, the rims during actual gameplay are more 2 dimensional than three compared to the showroom, theyre so flat and there's no depth to them. I think They could've fixed that.

gigglesnirt
07-02-2005, 12:54 PM
well i've already tried it but there are little things in it that anoy me that i didn't really like, plus i do have liveforspeed, that will never get old on realism, but i would think they could make it a little better feeling in gt4, it kind of seems like they're going to much into arcade racing styles.

BP2K2Max
07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
i'd like it to be less boring. i haven't played my GT4 since the week i got it. it's mostly the same shit as GT3, i wasn't all that impressed. the big thing i was looking forward to was online play and they yanked it before launch.

jackjimturkey
07-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I am not interested in damage or body kits. I would like a track editor, and race fields of 20 cars, including having something like ESPN football’s VIP, where another driver working for you is in the race. License test should have a “straight-to-finals” option, where you try the final, and if you pass it, you get the license immediately and a bonus car. Passing it on the first try gets you a 390 LM race car; passing on the 344th try gets you a Ford Pinto

The penalties should be turn-offable.

And series races with a twist. If the first race is Seattle, and you lose by. .333 seconds, you start the next race that far back. Or, all those deficits are saved for the final race (admittedly, if you rout the field in the other 9 races, you’ll be laps ahead.) I'd like to have b-spec remember to pass cars it's lapped,.

Water hazards
Racing for pink slips

Ferrari, Lambo (FIREBIRDS!) and SUVs, motorcycles, and pieces of excrement like Renault Le Car and Honda Civic.

nicecar
07-23-2005, 05:12 AM
every car in the world and virtual reality helmets.

:biggrin:

peter i
07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I have an idea ,

The Game should have a addon , for example you can load a new car to the game

let say the disc only have a special model like the le mans car or A disc only have Posche 911 GT1 and all the improvemenet spare parts ,decal etc and a full range of year make and model . 959 , GT2 ,GT3 etc

gigglesnirt
07-23-2005, 04:46 PM
or downloadable internet content would be better...

lamehonda
08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
The ONLY thing that blew me away with GT4 was the Nurburgring.

G-man422
08-09-2005, 06:53 AM
0-60 test, damage, weather changes while racing, downloadable cars from the net, a painting booth to change the color of your car, and using the eye toy to create your own driver to look like yourself.

OH YEAH!

crxlvr
08-10-2005, 11:59 PM
the eye toy is slated to be used for that purpose g-man, heard the creator say it in an interview.

my list of changes since most of yall seem to want to be playing nfsu or auto modeliista.

1. damage
2. much much harder ai
3. more real life tracks
4. more realistic (ex. not having traction and stability control on every car, especially cars before the mid 80's when it was first introduced, why are there ecu mods on cars that dont contain ecu's? why is their an option to increase displacement when only a handful of cars can actually do it, last i checked in real life, any car can be bored and have bigger pistons installed)
5. id also like to see correct HP, TQ, and price figures for these cars, its not hard to add coding to alter the game depending on your real world location.

G-man422
08-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Awesome! I can't wait for GT5. and after i posted i also read abot the eye toy being incorperated into the game. its going to be great.

spaminator
08-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I think that i like crxlvr's idea with the addition of engine damage

-Jacko-
09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Damage!!!!!!!!!

nicecar
09-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Damage!!!!!!!!!

jack. WE SUGGESTED THIS AT LEAST 10 TIMES ALREADY!!!!!!

please say more...

WTHF
09-26-2005, 11:43 AM

please say more...

damage.:flipa:

damn it!!!
09-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Damage!!!!!!!!!
i concur.

BP2K2Max
09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
they need to get rid of that 5 second penalty bullshit too in the rally races. if you even tap your opponent they hit you with a 5 second penalty.

damn it!!!
09-26-2005, 11:59 AM
they need to get rid of that 5 second penalty bullshit too in the rally races. if you even tap your opponent they hit you with a 5 second penalty.
yeah,that was shit.

-Jacko-
09-26-2005, 12:01 PM
woooooooooooooooooooo

damn it!!!
09-26-2005, 12:02 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

mines longer

pilzy
09-27-2005, 12:48 PM

please say more...
how about....realistic damage!

ZL1power69
10-05-2005, 07:43 AM
damage
weather
time changes
mods for certain car eras (how can u put a computer chip on a 69 Z28? it should not be allowed.)
more munufacters ex: ferarri,lambo, porsche
more muscle cars!
and finally, that thing called ONLINE GAMEPLAY!

sidewinderl
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
1) Realistically challenging AI! Absolutely the most important thing. Each AI driver should also have his own personality. Bump them and they may "accidently" bump you back later.
2) Car specific Aero kits and visible front splitter...it isn't enough to say the splitter is there; I want to see it.
3) Racing Modification (from GT2)
4) Dynamic weather and lighting.
5) All world courses.
6) Full Pikes Peak Hill climb.
7) Many more cars. Why are there only 3 mustangs? It is the greatest sports car in history and yet they only have 3 of them?
- More D1 and Formula D cars.
- More time attack cars.
- More World Challenge cars.
- More Grand Am and Trans Am cars.
- more Tuners and Tuner cars.
- and of course lambo, ferrari, and porsche.
- everything else I didn't specifically mention.
9) Better sound. I want to feel like I'm actually in the car.
10) Bring back Red Rock Valley.
11) Damage penalty...not damaged models. If you ram cars and bounce off walls, your car should drive crappy just like in GT2. Smash your car hard enough and you're out of the race.
12) No flashing red shift indicator (that tells you what gear you should be in for each turn)...it is a crutch and does more harm than good.
13) No B-Spec. Shorten race length...24 hour races are cute, but utterly ridiculous. GT2 had the best race length (something between GT2 and GT3 would be ideal).
14) Bring back HP CAP! This is the most important thing besides better AI. Builiding a faster car shouldn't always be your solution...being a better driver should be.
15) Racing Series' based on the real ones. You should be able to race World Challenge and be limited by the exact same rules of that series. If you want to race in the GT500 class of Super GT, then you must either use a Super GT car or build one that conforms to the rules of Super GT.
16) Less emphasis on winning. Not even the best racers win every race...just finishing a race is enough.
17) No required License Tests (the third most important thing). Leave them there as part of a tutorial, but do not require them.
18) Drag Race Mode. It didn't make it to GT2 and was somehow completely forgotten after that.
19) Formula D and D1 Race events.
20) No oil change or car wash. You don't have to buy tires every time or replace parts, so why do you have to do that other crap all the time? Car wash is acceptible only if they bring back the car wash music from GT2.
21) Full car fields (a 40 car race will have 40 cars racing). One of the top five most important things. Having just 6 cars is no longer acceptible. Just imagine on-line play...it'd be like the Battlefield of racing games *drool*
22) Real qualifying. You must qualify and if you don't make the cut, you don't make the race...no more starting at the back of the pack by default (leave that for arcade mode). If you can't qualify then obviously you and/or your car aren't ready for the race.
23) Areas (car dealerships and area specific races) must be unlocked.
24) More prize cars. It was really nice getting new cars after practically every race in GT2. Constantly doing five to ten separate races just to get one car sucks.
25) Fans. I want "people" waving signs and cheering when I drive by. Your popularity should change based on driving decisions you make, for example.
26) Multiple classes racing in same race. Just like real GT racing. This also helps #16 by placing emphasis on winning your class rather than winning the race.
27) Yes, the 5 second penalty must go. It doesn't apply to the AI driver and only works when you hit something a certain way.
28) Online play (even though I already mentioned it a couple times). I believe that rounds out the top 5 most important things that should be in the next GT.
29) It goes without saying, but more realistic graphics. In GT4, some of the short clips when you watch a race in Dive Mode look amazingly realistic.

...and that's all I can think of for now.

spaminator
11-03-2005, 05:37 PM
^ damn i think he recapped everything that we all said and put it into one post

Add your comment to this topic!